Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all i can say is wow. they are awesome. im suprised they made that much of a difference. i figured you could tell a difference but not night and day. it shifts more smoothly and you just feel more secure...if that makes sense. besides the fact they look kick ass. ill try and get some pics posted in the next few days. installation went pretty smooth...thanks to El Diablo's "how too". the instructions that came with it...sucked ass. i would definitely recommend them to anyone in the market for rearsets.

nick

·
Registered
5,179 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
sorry for the thread jack, but is that your guitar badazz? Ihave a few myself, not THAT one, but guitars.

You can't go wrong with the Sato or Arata rear sets, both the best on the market I rekon.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
now start using the fixed pegs to steer and weight the inside peg for initiating turn and then remember to take weight off of that leg. You will notice a nice difference in steering....I dont care what Keith Code says, the body can make the motorcycle steer, even if it just subconsciously works with teh arms.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
If you stand up with your hands off the bars you can steer the bike. I do it all the time while adjusting my jacket. I'll change lanes, or go around corners like that. All by putting weight on the pegs, and leaning.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
:thumbsup: Better shifting, better grip, better everything. Haven't tested them with my riding boots yet, which is where I was having problems with the stocks, but I'm sure I'll like'em better as well.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
The sato's and Woodcraft I had on the 10 are almost too grippy. Sometimes it is nice to slide teh boot rather than have to lift the foot.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Big Daddy said:
how bout flip-flops?

BD
Funny you would mention that, I did my first test ride around the corner in flip flops, I just couldn't resist the temptation (well, in all reality, I needed to test the shifter, to see if I needed to make any adjustments).

BTW, :thumbsup: on the Sato's when riding in flip flops as well... :thumbsup:

Before I start getting the "you are a squid" replies, first of all :thefinger and lastly, I only do it around the corner if I was working on the bike in flip flops, you'll never see me on the highway doing 100 in flip flops... but just in case, :thefinger to anyone that still wants to talk shit... :moon:

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I would get hurt riding in flip flops. Whenever I slightly tuck the front getting too hot into a turn, my first reaction is to put my foot out. Totally involuntary, so there is no hope of me not reacting that way. I would hate to see the aftermath of one of those scenarios in flops. My foot would be scared for life.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
BNninja said:
now start using the fixed pegs to steer and weight the inside peg for initiating turn and then remember to take weight off of that leg. You will notice a nice difference in steering....I dont care what Keith Code says, the body can make the motorcycle steer, even if it just subconsciously works with teh arms.

I loved the section on "Body Steer" in Reg Pridmore's book called Smooth Riding: The Pridmore Way. Excellent book overall.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Birdman said:
sorry for the thread jack, but is that your guitar badazz? Ihave a few myself, not THAT one, but guitars.

You can't go wrong with the Sato or Arata rear sets, both the best on the market I rekon.
Naw man, i have a strat, but not that one

1 - 16 of 16 Posts