Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What a nice packet i got today for my ZX10R...

Sato Racing Titanium Oval slip on....it is light indeed...

I have planned to purchase also Powercommander III USB and custom map dyno tuning...The question is should I plug the air pump or not ? And is it worth to use BMC air filter...I dont care if there is 1 hp more or less...I want clean engine and nice sound with some extra hps...

Any recommendations fellows...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Nice looking pipe bro...have fun

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
No need for the race air filter!! Yes I have one but bought it before I new better. Just haven't taken it out yet. Next time I have the tank off it will be coming out though.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Some have done dyno tests and they pretty much were not worth any gain.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Like sgtusmc96 said. Don't use the aftermarket filter. It does no good but can possibly harm your engine. You don't have to plug the "air pump" either. It won't affect hp either way. Some people say plugging or removing it eliminates popping on decel, but my bike still pops now and then if I go into a corner really hot. I got rid of the KLEEN system(air pump) on mine since you have to get under the tank to install the TRE and PC anyway. And when you go to the dyno, they don't have to mess with plugging it to get an accurate a/f reading.
That is a nice pipe. I have Satos on my RC and love them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nice!! Im wanting a full system once taxes come around

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
low10 said:
Nice!! Im wanting a full system once taxes come around
Pipe looks good :thumbsup:
Yeah, I can't wait for taxes either!!! :dollarbil :dollarbil :mrgreen:

·
Registered
171 Posts
:eek:t:

Quick question, didn't want to start a new thread for it so I grabbed the first exhaust one..

I'm gonna be purchasing a slip-on soon, not sure which yet, but, when I'm ready for a full system, do retailers sell the headers alone if I arleady have the slip-on..? If so, how much cheese in involved, let's say for the Akra..? And is tuning/map required for slip-on, full, or both...?

I here the full system really gives you a crap load of power, and I'm still a bit scared of my 10 honestly, I've only been on it about 4 times though due to crappy weather out here. Wanna get used to it first then get more power out of it.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
lespaul66 said:
sgtusmc96 have you plugged the air pump ?

Yes ! I plugged the air pump !

Yes I have ivans kleen blocks.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Hey, installed a Sato slip-on last night and found the rear muffler and center pipe are not nearly as tight as my Yoshimura was.

Did you need to user Prematex or something else, when installing this?

TIA
Phil

·
Registered
212 Posts
I didn't use anything to seal my Sato slip-on it has a little play but it doesn't have any leaks at the muffler and center pipe. I am waiting to see if after more miles if it starts to leak then I will seal it with something. My rear pegs and brackets are getting powder coating so i haven't been riding to put anymore mile on my bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts