Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Guys.

Has anyone had at one point fitted an '08 zx10r with the Sato Racing Race Hooks? I have been looking for those that fit on it. Which of the later or newer gen zx10r or lower cc's zx lines are compatible with the '08 zx10r? I'll appreciate the help.

Attachments

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,568 Posts
Hi, Guys.

Has anyone had at one point fitted an '08 zx10r with the Sato Racing Race Hooks? I have been looking for those that fit on it. Which of the later or newer gen zx10r or lower cc's zx lines are compatible with the '08 zx10r? I'll appreciate the help.
Im a Sato Racing dealer, ill shoot my guy an email tomorrow,and see what they have..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Im a Sato Racing dealer, ill shoot my guy an email tomorrow,and see what they have..
I certainly like the older style ZX10R (11-15) racing hooks from SATO verse the newer design. Which is odd because their own website shows the NEW DESIGN as fitting 11-20, yet I placed an order for the old version and they cancelled it saying it won't fit my 2017 ZX-10RR. That's stupid because, if the NEWER version (11-20) is backwards compatible to the 11-15 (and fits 16-20), then the older 11-15 version 'should' fit my 2017!!

https://www.satoracing.com/zx10r11racinghooks.htm (11-15)

https://www.satoracing.com/racinghook_ZX10R_16.htm (11-20) "This Hook was designed for the 2016+ model ZX-10R, but it will also fit on the 2011-15 generation ZX-10R! Choice of Black or Gold. Includes stainless steel bolts." So if it also fits 2011-2015, then the older version above 'should' fit the newer bikes as well. The holes don't move. And I would like this style if it didn't have those holes in the design.

Can you clarify this madness? That or, they need to update the description on their website. Because the way I read it, they are both compatible with 11-20.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,568 Posts
Hi, Guys.

Looks to be they never made any as they didn’t make race hooks until 2010, so a lot of bikes where left out.. They are not aware of another model will fit or not..

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,568 Posts
I certainly like the older style ZX10R (11-15) racing hooks from SATO verse the newer design. Which is odd because their own website shows the NEW DESIGN as fitting 11-20, yet I placed an order for the old version and they cancelled it saying it won't fit my 2017 ZX-10RR. That's stupid because, if the NEWER version (11-20) is backwards compatible to the 11-15 (and fits 16-20), then the older 11-15 version 'should' fit my 2017!!

https://www.satoracing.com/zx10r11racinghooks.htm (11-15)

https://www.satoracing.com/racinghook_ZX10R_16.htm (11-20) "This Hook was designed for the 2016+ model ZX-10R, but it will also fit on the 2011-15 generation ZX-10R! Choice of Black or Gold. Includes stainless steel bolts." So if it also fits 2011-2015, then the older version above 'should' fit the newer bikes as well. The holes don't move. And I would like this style if it didn't have those holes in the design.

Can you clarify this madness? That or, they need to update the description on their website. Because the way I read it, they are both compatible with 11-20.
With this there is hardware that comes with the older style, and the hook connects behind the passenger peg bracket.. This hardware will not fit the newer model .. So you would have to make your own hardware if necessary or possibly order an extra set of hardware from the left side to use on the right side..

Let me know if you understand that or not..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks to be they never made any as they didn’t make race hooks until 2010, so a lot of bikes where left out.. They are not aware of another model will fit or not..
Well that's a bummer. What if I could have them make for that year model. Like an order or something. Is that possible?

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,568 Posts
Well that's a bummer. What if I could have them make for that year model. Like an order or something. Is that possible?
I highly doubt they will even consider it.. as the bike is too old .. you probably can get a custom set made from a local Machine shop?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts