Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have any info on the full system, what kind of gains can be expected, fit/finish, sound, quality etc. Kicking around the idea of changing out my Arrow slip-on for a full system and the Sato has my interest. Anyone?

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
Quality

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to see a member that has a Sato exhaust and dyno chart to post. Not discounting your dyno chart Flatout but have seen Akro, TiForce, Arata and others claiming similar gains. Pictures of a full system on a 10 and sound bytes would be nice too.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
yes they would

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I was thinking about Dan Kyle's charts the other day. I realized he's in cali. Cali bikes are a tad more restricted. So his gains are gonna be more than what we 49ers would see.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
hahahaha

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
SP8 said:
I was thinking about Dan Kyle's charts the other day. I realized he's in cali. Cali bikes are a tad more restricted. So his gains are gonna be more than what we 49ers would see.
Thats pretty funny, maybe a few years ago, but not any more. Nope but they do have an extra 2-3 pounds on them.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
i thought the akra evo 2 is just the best

every bike on the top of the charts on the dyno shootouts at my race shop
always have an akra exhaust

the R1 that i am gunning for put down 165.5 to my 158.5

he has akra, filter, pc, race gas

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
SP8 said:
Really....... I thought that extra emission stuff choked 3-4 hp before removing it.
The only extra emissions stuff that the CA bikes have is the vapor-recovery system and all it does is route fuel tank vapors back into the intake through a charcoal canister. No HP loss in that. Just a couple extra pounds.

The CA bikes even run the same ECU and cams as the 49-state bikes.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
crispin said:
ithe R1 that i am gunning for put down 165.5 to my 158.5

he has akra, filter, pc, race gas
Awwwwww, so I'm not the only one with a Pesky R1 eat'n at 'em!! Two little words you mention keep bugg'n me about mine, "race gas". I gotta try that!

...sorry for the off topic...

·
Registered
77 Posts
arata are the best.the guy is a genius.he wrote the book on modern japanese exhaust manufacturing.you have old school like moriwaki,yoshimura etc and arata san is the king of recent exhaust manufacturing.ive seen the most amazing custom exhuats by him,and many guys(tig-craft for one)were apprentices at his shop.others like ti-force are just second rate ripoffs
plus arata san is an ex racer(japanese 500 gp)and hes a tough stocky bastard too!like a pitbull terrior!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
simonkobejapan said:
arata are the best.the guy is a genius.he wrote the book on modern japanese exhaust manufacturing.you have old school like moriwaki,yoshimura etc and arata san is the king of recent exhaust manufacturing.ive seen the most amazing custom exhuats by him,and many guys(tig-craft for one)were apprentices at his shop.others like ti-force are just second rate ripoffs
plus arata san is an ex racer(japanese 500 gp)and hes a tough stocky bastard too!like a pitbull terrior!
Arata is good, but I would not say they are king. I've talked to Dan Kyle, and I got similiar gains as Arata with my Ti Force. Which is 8 to 9 hp in the upper rpm range.

·
Registered
77 Posts
no offense to ti-force.your pipe looks beautiful,and their power gains are awsome.just i know arata san was the first guy to build pipes with welds like that,include tuned conical pipe work and have that cool titanium look.before that most pipes looked agricultural and messy,but after alot of guys tried to make their stuf look like his.and also he can make the most amazing one off systems.so ti-force etc are awsome but not the same imo,but outstanding value for money..but thats just my opinion ok,and again your ti force looks beautiful

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
No problem... I actually prefer Sato over my Ti Force. But I was told Sato wasn't gonna make a full system at the time I was ready to buy. I hope bad Karma gets that fooker that told me that.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts