Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont like it's looks, dont like its colour. It felt ok to sit on, but feels bigger than my 10R. The spec sheet said 193hp at the crank...I dont see how that can be 180 at the wheel. Im sure its fast, but I dont have any desire to go out and buy this bike.....
I might have green goggles on though...I am totally in love with my Kawi

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Ugly or not, it may be a game changer.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugly or not, it may be a game changer.
I actually hope it is.... it will cause everyone to up their game as well. Let the performance wars hit new heights.... it only give us more and better choices in the future.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
We can only hope. It happens the seame way every time, they get lighter and faster until the lawyers and hippy liberals nueter em. The Hayabusa was an example. Old school UJMs are another. We have so many squids planting their bikes into pavement and other things..........................

·
Registered
463 Posts
i like. what you're missing is the electronics // traction control. That bike is awesome. would love to own one.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I saw that same bike ... it was right across from where some friends of mine had their race bikes in the paddock at Shannonville.

There is not one of the current litre bikes in which someone doesn't argue that they have been hit with the ugly stick. The current ZX10R bothers me the least but I'm biased (but I'm not trading in my '04, either!). I don't mind the BMW's appearance. The asymmetry is something to get used to, a distinguishing feature. The technology has the potential to be a game-changer. Let's see how it works out in reality.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I saw that same bike ... it was right across from where some friends of mine had their race bikes in the paddock at Shannonville.

There is not one of the current litre bikes in which someone doesn't argue that they have been hit with the ugly stick. The current ZX10R bothers me the least but I'm biased (but I'm not trading in my '04, either!). I don't mind the BMW's appearance. The asymmetry is something to get used to, a distinguishing feature. The technology has the potential to be a game-changer. Let's see how it works out in reality.

Exactly,, The Technology has the potential to be a game-changer. Lets See how it works out in reality, Great point and well said...

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
3more years of warrentee with my 10 then I can shop for another. The beemer looks pretty sweet to me maybe they will have the bugs worked out by the time I am ready for one.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3more years of warrentee with my 10 then I can shop for another. The beemer looks pretty sweet to me maybe they will have the bugs worked out by the time I am ready for one.
Which side do you like? the left or the right? both sides look completly different :lol::lol: The looks are a definet no for me... but then again i didnt really like the look of my current bike either and bought it based on its performance.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
has some good options of all things and well the one i was looking at at WSBk was pretty damn impressive, also had an engine that was cut up and looked very well built as well...pics to follow if you guys want

·
Registered
292 Posts
I went to the BMW dealer the other day and sat on a demo bike, started it etc. I liked it, but the fully optioned version was 26k thats 9k more than my zx10r.

When i had a good look at it the build quality wasnt much better if at all than my kawi. I rather my bike with 9k thrown at it.

Still its a really nice bike nonetheless. The asymmetry actually adds to its charm i think it makes it stand out.

·
Registered
754 Posts
The jury is still out on this one for me. Not sure of the styling - or if the "this-is-your-dad's-Buick" company of BMW first attempt at a superbike will actually be such. Some of you who mentioned that you'd consider it - I read that BMW is going after 10% of the literbike market and 80% of that will be converted sales (previous customers of the big four).

The tech is pretty cool from what I've read, though. Going to see if I can snag a test ride at some point.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I read some place that the fairings are actually not very aerodynamic. They sure are ugly enough. We shall see how good the bike really is when it gets into the hands of the common folks. My money is on the new Aprilia to be the top of the liter bike pile when all is said and done.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think the front end is the ugliest thing ever invented. Damn Germans who designed probably took one too many breaks at the pub. That thing looks like it's winking at you! I will admit that from the side the bike looks good but the second I see the front end I want to kick it.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I think the front end is the ugliest thing ever invented. Damn Germans who designed probably took one too many breaks at the pub. That thing looks like it's winking at you! I will admit that from the side the bike looks good but the second I see the front end I want to kick it.

I think but not sure it can grow on someone but have to admit it's like it got socked in the eye in a fight and one eye is closed...:badteeth:...looking forward to the TRUE reviews though. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts