Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I haven't ridden my '04 for 2 months and I haven't been to the track in exactly 2 years tomorrow. But tomorrow I am off to Santa Pod, which is the UK's top drag strip! WOOHOOOO! I honestly cannot wait, I am so excited it's unreal and long overdue. Been practicing for two weeks in my head and can hardly sleep. Hoping for a new PB, but then don't we always? Wish me luck guys! :-D

Gaz.

:D

Sent from my HTC One S using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
She's ready to rock and roll in the morning! ;-)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well i didn't embarrass myself too much, but no PB either. not bad for 2 years off.

1st run, left lane, when i moved onto my seat pad the angle change on my ankle meant i couldn't change 3rd-4th, 3rd try got it.
[email protected]

2nd, left lane, moved gear lever so i could change better but was a bit weaker on the start.
[email protected]

3rd, right lane, realised half way up i'm not using my shift light and was short shifting! doh!
[email protected]

4th, right lane, well this all turned to crap!:badteeth: big wheelie in 1st, another one in second, for some reason i didn't change when the shift light came on in 4th :dontknow: and went through the line in 5th.
[email protected]

5th, left lane, calmed myself down a bit after the last fiasco, felt like a fairly good run, was close to the line in 5th so i hung onto it.
[email protected]

so I can conclude that the bike really does need it's service now (6 years 10,000 miles overdue), it needs a set up on the dyno as i've gone flies out on inlet/exhaust and blocked off the kleen-air system, it needs 2 new tyres (wornout/overheated 2 year old metzeler racetecs for the strip?) and chain and sprockets fitting 'cos my sprocket teeth are going "hook"y!

And I definately, DEFINATELY, need more seat time!!

but she does me proud and i still can't find a bike i like the look of as much!!!

Gaz.

:mrgreen:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts