Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to drain my coolant and use Engine Ice and was thinking about swapping out the stock hoses for the SAMCO ones while I am at it. They are a bit pricey though. Just wanted to see if anyone has them and if so, are they worth the extra $$$.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
do it i was thinking about it just to add some color as lame as that is

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
I'm working on finishing the Servo Motor Eliminator project at the moment. Got the design done, the schematic drawn.

It appears I will have to remove the throttle bodies to get to one hose clamp. Can you elaborate?
no you can just get to it without pulling them off but I went ahead and removed them.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
yeah Great product have had them on my 636 for about a year i think and no issues and being i had 2 weaping hoses why use stock?
cant say it made a difference with heat disipation but they sure look damn good and will last.

Going to add them on my 1st gen 10R, as the one hose off the water pump seems like it is getting a bit of a blister..

·
Registered
477 Posts
i fitted them to my 2nd gen,got mine from racebikebitz.com(uk)they are the biggest supplyer's of samco bike hoses in the uk,(they place orders of up to £30k at a time!!)got the green ones and they took 4 weeks to be made as racebikebitz never had any green sets,plenty of blue sets and black but no green.on the 06 sets you dont get the two top rad hoses in the kit,(don't know if it because they don't see any pressure??) so i sent them my factory hoses and they made the two up from stock they had,so i have every hose replaced with samco (8 hoses)left the over flow pipe from fluid bottle standard black as it see's no pressure..fitting them=they fit perfect the only issue i had was getting the old ones off!some felt like they were glued on.dont use a blade to cut your old ones off!!as you can score the metal and get a slight leak..i also got the samco clips.i'l put some pics up saturday.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a green set for Gen 3. I ordered mine from some place called Britts? Took about 6 weeks, but I wasn't in any hurry. I think OPP Racing (I hope not) is the US distributor of Samco now, for those in the states. I can post up a pix of them later, but their still in the bag. Lime Green for sure. That Green would even look good on a black bike. :thumbsup:
How much did they cost you?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Fwiw I can get pretty good prices on samco through work... If anyone wants to pm me a part number and price I can probably match or beat it.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I called OPP several months back and they told me they had the Blue in stock for all years ZX-10R, any other color they had to order, same as sporthoses.com

And to defend OPP a bit, I have ordered several parts from them and as long as you call and confirm they have it in stock they are a great outfit to order from, they will ship small parts priority mail which is cheap and fast. (the quality of their carbon is debatable, their customer service has been spot on in my experience)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I called OPP several months back and they told me they had the Blue in stock for all years ZX-10R, any other color they had to order, same as sporthoses.com

And to defend OPP a bit, I have ordered several parts from them and as long as you call and confirm they have it in stock they are a great outfit to order from, they will ship small parts priority mail which is cheap and fast. (the quality of their carbon is debatable, their customer service has been spot on in my experience)
I have to agree with you 9R to 10R. The quality of my OppRacing front fender was bad but their customer service is definitely outstanding. They are extremely helpful as well as knowledgeable. Now if only they could carry that over to their carbon fiber products:lol:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was going to wait till I got the Samco hoses before I changed the coolant but then I thought I would try a test to see what a difference the hoses make. So I changed the coolant yesterday and put in Engine Ice. Bike is running about 5-8 degrees cooler on the freeway. Havent been able to test bumper to bumper. I will find out tomorrow after work. Now when I get the Samco hoses I will see how much of a difference, if any they make at reducing the temp. I know the silcone hoses are better then the stock rubber but I just cant part with the $200+ dollars right now.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Silicone hoses, by themselves, won't improve the cooling system performance. They will last longer since they should handle higher temperatures. If anything, they will dissipate less heat than the OEM hoses. Changing the coolant may help.

I believe Brits (British Racing Imports and Trackside Services) is still in business. It used to be located at Sears Pt. but I think they've moved.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts