Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone do me a favor and show off they’re safety wiring points for the oil filter and drain plug. I see these ribs in the pan I could probably drill into, but I’m a virgin to all this and wanna make sure...

·
Registered
460 Posts
What organization are you running with? Most orgs will allow you to just put a dab of silicone on fill plug, drain plug, and oil filter. I put a band clamp around filter and wired from that. I used silicone on plugs and passed tech no problem. In novice, (if this is your first time you have to run novice) they usually only require taped lights, 50% tread, 50% brake pad. I'm not sure about your coolant and to be safe I would run water wetter or check the requirements and maybe engine ice, evans etc...

Look up requirements from track day organization and most likely you don't even need to safety wire. But it's still a good thing because no one wants to be "that guy" who dumps oil on track! All you have to do is ensure the plugs can't loosen up so just keep that in mind when and if you safety wire..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, use a band clamp around the filter, and I just safety wired that by looping the wire around one of the headers before they merge. It's only to pass tech - I don't really care how it's tied on there :)

Drain plug, I just drilled a small hole on the engine tab near the drain bolt.

And WERA will not pass tech using silicone on either. But most every trackdays will allow silicone on filter and drain bolt.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use a band clamp around my filter too, but I orient the clamp such that I can wire it to the drain plug and both are preventing the other from loosening. Sorry, I don't have a picture right now but I think you can visualize it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts