Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Can anyone and everyone please post pictures of how they safety wired the following??

1. Front Axle
2. Front Axle Pinch Bolts
3. Front Caliper Mounting Bolts
4. Radiator Cap
5. Header Nuts of Bolts
6. Oil Filter
7. Oil Filler Cap
8. Oil Drain Bolt
9. Oil Lines
10. Coolant Drains
11. Muffler Mounting Bolts and Nuts
12. Fork Drains
13. Rear Brake Torque Arm
14. Rear Axle

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can anyone post up some pics of how they safety wired their brake line banjo bolts? Thanks in advance.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
yehzx10r said:
Can anyone post up some pics of how they safety wired their brake line banjo bolts? Thanks in advance.
oops sorry man. I will try to get soe for you tonight. I didnt do my banjo bolts but i did do my caliper bolts but my wheels arent on my bike right now as it is in pieces. I can get you some of the radiator cap and oil drain bolts, filler cap, oil filter, and rear brake caliper bolts though if you want them

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
yehzx10r
Kawi also put tabs on the motor for safety wire. they are just little tabs with circles in them made of soft metal. easy to drill and in the perfect locations.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zx10ragentblack said:
oops sorry man. I will try to get soe for you tonight. I didnt do my banjo bolts but i did do my caliper bolts but my wheels arent on my bike right now as it is in pieces. I can get you some of the radiator cap and oil drain bolts, filler cap, oil filter, and rear brake caliper bolts though if you want them
Yes, please post any pics you have. Thanks!

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Archille said:
You really don't want to read the WERA manual, do you. :lol:

The idea of safety wiring it to prevent the bolts from turning themselves loose. With that in mind, it is common sense. Take a look at your bolts and you can pretty much figure it out what to do. :beer:

Did you hear WERA is making you safety wire the bike to the track now...lol:badteeth: But yes it really isnt that hard, just the drilling part kind of sucks. Just buy a bunch of drill bits.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Archille said:
You really don't want to read the WERA manual, do you. :lol:

The idea of safety wiring it to prevent the bolts from turning themselves loose. With that in mind, it is common sense. Take a look at your bolts and you can pretty much figure it out what to do. :beer:
I've read the rule book almost 10 times. I just want to make sure that I safety wire correctly and pass tech.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts