Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ZX10R
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting an aftermarket seat for le Gen4, and Saddlemen seems to be the main brand for that. There's the more street-oriented GP-V1, and they do sell a few track-oriented seats (not interested). I mainly want to increase seat height to improve ergonomics, and having a more comfortable seats for long rides. Some of the reviews stated the seat is too short, and leaves plenty of space up front. Anyone have experience with a Saddlemen seat, would you recommend it, or if not, is there another brand you'd recommend?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I had saddlemen Gel seats on a G3 & a G4, very comfortable and well made and no signs of wear over time some 25.000 mile on the G3. But the fit is poor, gaps of 3-4 mm all around on both bikes.

·
Registered
2014 ZX10R
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had saddlemen Gel seats on a G3 & a G4, very comfortable and well made and no signs of wear over time some 25.000 mile on the G3. But the fit is poor, gaps of 3-4 mm all around on both bikes.
How did you cover the gaps? I have used electrical tape before, but that is a pain when you have to access the seat often.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
You know what, I have occasional brain freeze, I mean like Arctic circle 🔵 on winter brain freeze. It was zero gravity seats I had on a G3 & 4. Sorry dude.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have one. I think I have posted pictures here before. I like it. I bought it back when I did a lot more street riding. Now it is my track bike. I never thought there was an issue with fitment.

·
Registered
2014 ZX10R
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one. I think I have posted pictures here before. I like it. I bought it back when I did a lot more street riding. Now it is my track bike. I never thought there was an issue with fitment.
Thanks for responding. Another question for ya: is the Saddlemen seat higher than the stock one?

·
Registered
782 Posts
I haven't had a stock seat on mine in years. I have the one with the two sides and split in the middle. I don't think it adds height.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts