Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sad: Sad news - wife and I had to take my cat to the vet yesterday to have her put down. She has been with me for the 13 years of her life, has moved numerous times, endured living with other cats, etc. No matter what was going on in my life - bad relationships, job loss, flat broke, etc. - she was always there when I came home to cheer me up.

Unfortunately, she ended up with a tumor in her jaw that really caused her some problems with eating. Her mind was still in the game - she was still running through the house and purring when my wife or I came in the room. Unfortunately, the tumor was worsening and her quality of life was going to suffer dramically. It was a very tough decision and an emotional day, but in the end, it was the best option for her. Rest in peace, Misty.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Sorry to hear it- our pets are family members too.
Sounds like she had a good life with you.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
Sorry to hear it- our pets are family members too.
Sounds like she had a good life with you.
:iamwithst

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yeah, she certainly did have a good life - as spoiled as a cat can get. I couldn't leave the house in the morning until she had a cat treats - a morning ritual for her. I miss her. Thanks for the warm thoughts.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
:sad:

Sorry to hear bro. I HATE losing pets. :sad:

Heal up and get a new kitty!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Sorry to here about your loss, remember the good times, also remember to open your home to another.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bonz said:
Sorry to here about your loss, remember the good times, also remember to open your home to another.
Will do. Thanks, everyone, for the kind thoughts. We still have two - my wife's two tabbies. There'll be others as well. Thanks gang.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gpz1100 said:
:+1:

Check out:

http://www.catster.com/

Great place to post pictures and memories.
We have several cats also, and each one is like a family member.
Thanks. I just checked out this site and sent it to my home PC. Looks like a great way to share and remember.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Loosing a pet is always sad, like everyone has said they do become a member of the family. Sorry to hear.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I know the feeling. I put down my dog after 18 years. I took her everywhere and she was awsome. I had taught her German commands and she was a great watch dog. It was around Christmas last year when I had to bring her in for the purple needle. I was there for the whole time...'til her last breath.
She was around for my last 7 bikes. She didn't suffer but couldn't walk anymore.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Yeah nothing beats the loyalty of an animal. But You did the right thing by not subjecting your cat to any possible suffering and pain. With animals I have lost it feels like a part of your heart is ripped out.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Zega said:
Yeah nothing beats the loyalty of an animal. But You did the right thing by not subjecting your cat to any possible suffering and pain. With animals I have lost it feels like a part of your heart is ripped out.

:+1: :+1:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Lost a few pets myself, and it huts like hell. Best thing to do is give it a few weeks, and then find another cat/pet. The new pet will never take the place of and/or replace your lost pet, but will be a totally new relationship all together...

D

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I had a German Shep I had to put down at 6yrs old so I feel your pain....consider 13yrs of life and pleasure with the little one a long good life for your pal..it could have been worse like my situation when I to make a decision at only half my pets life expectancy.

It took me many years after that to want a new pet, but if you can handle it do like Hill said and get a new Kitty. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just want to say thanks to everyone who sent warm thoughts. What a great group we all have here. I was almost going to type "it's amazing the support that you can find from a group of total strangers", but as I was typing, I realized that through this forum, none of us are really strangers. We all joined for a reason - probably has something to do with a particular motorcycle. But, especially after reading the replies to my thread, it's evident that we share a lot more than just bikes.

Thanks for all of the kind words and support. It's been a tough couple of weeks leading up to this, but it's nice to know that you guys are out there and that many of you have gone through/felt the same. <sniff>

Not bad for a rag-tag group of bikers, eh? Thank you all.

Dennis

1 - 17 of 17 Posts