Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, bike was stolen from me last week on Thursday when I was at work on my duty day (was there over night). Was taken from the Newport News shipyard.

Kind of stuck between whether or not I am pissed because I was selling the bike anyway after taking it to the track. I just don't think I am going to get as much money for it that I had into it. I had a guy at work here going to buy it for $8500, but he wasn't going to have the money until he got his bonus on Oct. 2nd.

I was selling because after taking it to the track and seeing what the bike could do, just couldn't use it as a commuter anymore. The bike is waaaayyyyyy to awesome to just ride it 75 mph to and from work, and I want to focus more on racing the 6R next year to put it on the track more than a couple of times.

I dropped my times into the same times as the guys who ran in the top 10 from the last time I was at the track, so I figured I have a good chance at getting some contingency money this year.

So, won't be around here much to do anything more than lurking here and there, and to get the occasional question answered, as we seem to have a pretty good group of guys here. Of course I couldn't be w/out Hill's crazy antics every now and again.

Later days....

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
:sad: Sorry to hear, hope your insurance pays out

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks gents, insurance is USAA, have never made a claim in the 10 yrs I have been with them, so hopefully they will be ok.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
things have a way of working them selves out.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i hate thieves that type of stuff is such :bs: i work hard for all my shit as most of you do also im sure and i know how many hours i spent in that damn warehouse to own my zx10.
A guy on the street of pittsburgh walked up to me and said a couple of days ago man thats a nice bike whats a bike like that cost i was like new they go for around 10k hes like wow your really blessed and im thinking to myself blessed isnt the word im blessed to be living and have a great life with a great g/f and stuff like that, im greatful for everything i get, but money wise no i work my ass off. and hes like me im not blessed then he asked me for a some money to catch a train the train station was only like 3 feet behinde me so i was like ill buy you a ticket but i wont give you cash and he didnt want that because i only had a 10 dollar bill and he wasnt getting that a ticket is like 4.75 or sumthing hes like no man ill go get change. then when i tell him no he goes down the street motha effin you and what not. i know why they dont have any money or jobs because thier hooked on crack and shit and steal people bikes and stuff like that for money. i bet you i been asked by the same guy a few times now everytime i go down thier thiers guys hitting you up for money. guys will jack your bike right on the street down thier and the same for most other major cities if only the people knew the time and money we spent on our machines maybe they would respect them a little more not to steal them. this topic really steams me:angryfire :angryfire :rant:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, the guy at the bike shop that sponsors me is hooking me up a bit, he has a wrecked 06 triumph 675 and it needs a front end and a couple of pieces of plastic. He is going to sell it to me for what he paid for it, I just need a front end....Good news is the fact that the upper part of the forks are the exact same dimensions as the zx-10's from my 04. I bought a wheel from ebay last week, now just have to get a set of forks and rotors and bingo...will have a ZX-10 front end on the triumph and riding again.

But still going with the kawi for a racebike, picking up either an 06 or 05 crashed bike to fix up for that, waiting for the dead of winter for prices to lower a bit. I have to pick up both bikes for what I am getting back from insurance at the end of the month (hopefully).

All is good, people at the shops around the area are keeping and eye out for any stuff rolling in, so maybe something will turn up.

A friend of mine has his R1 stolen and he got lucky, it was painted green in some drug dealers house. They raided his house for drugs and found his bike, hope I get that lucky!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Damn, you would think that the NNSB parking lot would have 'rental cops' lurking around or security cams covering the area... But I know for a fact that bikes and vehicles get stolen from there quite often. Sorry for the lost brah, sure hope erything works out for you. But you're bound to see your see your bike cruising up Atlantic Ave next summer, and I hope you catch the guy and whoop his ass for stealing your whip. I agree with Matt, we work too dayum hard for the stuff we got just for a thief to take it from us.
But keep your head up, the "just incase shit happens" company should take care of you.
Ride or Die!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts