Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sad to say that after 13 years I have to say goodbye to my Gen 1. I hope whoever buys her will treat her as I did and gets to enjoy the thrill of 160+ BHP, no traction control, wooden brakes, and twitchy throttle. I don't say that in a negative way but more so in a way that to me, defines why we ride. The visceral experience of riding on something that if not treated with respect will spit you off like Pedrosa every other weekend. Farewell you sexy beast!

Attachments

·
Chairman of the Board
16,067 Posts
I feel ya. I sold mine a few weeks back after owning her for 13 years. I felt like she went to a good home though. Still I miss her.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I put 70,000 miles on a Gen 1 in 4 years...now have a Gen 4 and it's awesome...would never go back.
This is actually a very practical and useful statement for me! I've been toying with the idea of buying a project 1st gen since there's one in my area that needs some work but is cheap. Given what you just said, I suppose I wouldn't ride the 1st gen while owning my 2013 so why bother. You just saved me some cash Older Guy. Thanks! :smile2:

Reactions: michael4012

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
This is actually a very practical and useful statement for me! I've been toying with the idea of buying a project 1st gen since there's one in my area that needs some work but is cheap. Given what you just said, I suppose I wouldn't ride the 1st gen while owning my 2013 so why bother. You just saved me some cash Older Guy. Thanks! :smile2:

Don't applaud, just send money....

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Why are you selling?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm transferring overseas....can't take it. Well I could take it but then I can't take my car. If I don't take my car I'd have to buy a new one. Soooo...if I sell the GEN 1, I'll buy something else sooner or later. I've never been stuck to one brand so I'll have some time to find the right fit. I will miss her though.

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
I never look back at outdated bikes. G4 is awesome but I only buy new with extended warranty. If you ride track only then doesn't matter if you buy used g4 or 250 or whatever.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I get what you're saying about outdated bikes but I I look at it differently. Sure you get the latest technology and lighter materials but it's just like cars...there's a lot of shit that can go wrong and there's not a tool in the box to fix it like the old stuff. I love the new units coming out these days and sure, I'd be pushing hard to keep up but just like old American muscle, nothing beats old school.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts