Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on taking the 10r to the strip for the first time this season.

last season was good, but i've learned some new tricks and wanna put em to the test.

anyone else going?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
If I had more notice I would have gone.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zx10x2 said:
If I had more notice I would have gone.
yea i just assume if anyone is going to go, that they plan on going on wednesdays. i was just seeing if anyone else planned on it

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I didn’t plan on it either, good luck and watch yourself out there as the wind is picking up and flows against the track out there.

bloo

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bluedevil said:
I didn’t plan on it either, good luck and watch yourself out there as the wind is picking up and flows against the track out there.

bloo
yea the wind is kinda gnarly right now, but thats why i didn't go last week. i've ridden in worse, should be fine.

maybe see ya in the future, shoot a pm when you head out next

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
mylegacy412 said:
yea the wind is kinda gnarly right now, but thats why i didn't go last week. i've ridden in worse, should be fine.

maybe see ya in the future, shoot a pm when you head out next
Will do, your times last year was close to mine and we could race until bracket racing starts to make it fun....post back here your times from tonight. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
bluedevil said:
Will do, your times last year was close to mine and we could race until bracket racing starts to make it fun....post back here your times from tonight. :thumbsup:
ok well big bummer tonight. the lasers at the 1/4 weren't working so it was 1/8 all night. (lame status on a 1000cc)
got some vid and pics, but nothing spectacular. maybe ill post one up in a bit.

Reactions varied from .092 - .28x
(its first time out in a long time)

60fts were ~ 1.75 (not shabby)

and 1/8th was bout 6.75x

trap speed was ~114mph

except for the one mishap :mrgreen: were my 1/8th was 10.7xx (i've never even run a 1/4 that slow before :doh:)
i have a nice vid of that, once i get it uploaded ill share. i basically roasted the tire once i hit 25mph(ish) and fishtailed while shooting rooster tails of smoke up for about 100ft or so.

My road racing experience helped with that, (i slide my race bike quite often)

so beside the 1/8th mile gayness it was a nice night. I killed a Zx14 straight up 2x

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I brought my SLR out, and my gave my best friend a crash course on how to use it.

Then messed with the photos in photoshop to help him out a bit :wink:

here is some neat ones.

-cool kids ride with the lamb-

-awaiting the line-

-he won't even know what hit him-

-he is in for a huge suprise-

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
mylegacy412 said:
ok well big bummer tonight. the lasers at the 1/4 weren't working so it was 1/8 all night. (lame status on a 1000cc)

and 1/8th was bout 6.75x

trap speed was ~114mph

except for the one mishap :mrgreen: were my 1/8th was 10.7xx (i've never even run a 1/4 that slow before :doh:)
i have a nice vid of that, once i get it uploaded ill share. i basically roasted the tire once i hit 25mph(ish) and fishtailed while shooting rooster tails of smoke up for about 100ft or so.

so beside the 1/8th mile gayness it was a nice night. I killed a Zx14 straight up 2x

I found an old slip from last year (Oct 06) which was the last time I went out and had a scary situation like you after this run …a nasty fish tail and still not sure how I kept the bike from going down other than natural instinct from riding motorcycles all my life. :dontknow:…but it was nasty and when I got the bike back in control I had to shut down the run.

Anyway here was the last time at Sacramento Raceway..nothing great as I have done much better before but shows that if we both line up it could be fun at the end:

Reaction - .293(best .008)

60ft – 1.700 (best 1.6s)

1/8th – 6.716s (best…don’t remember but better than this)

my mph has been going down and suspect my clutch is wearing down..:dontknow:
but hopefully could confirm it this year.

Will PM you next time I go out and maybe your buddy will be better on the camera next time(not that those shots were shabby :headshake) to get us both lined up together. :wink: :eek:ccasion1:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bluedevil said:
I found an old slip from last year (Oct 06) which was the last time I went out and had a scary situation like you after this run …a nasty fish tail and still not sure how I kept the bike from going down other than natural instinct from riding motorcycles all my life. :dontknow:…but it was nasty and when I got the bike back in control I had to shut down the run.

Anyway here was the last time at Sacramento Raceway..nothing great as I have done much better before but shows that if we both line up it could be fun at the end:

Reaction - .293(best .008)

60ft – 1.700 (best 1.6s)

1/8th – 6.716s (best…don’t remember but better than this)

my mph has been going down and suspect my clutch is wearing down..:dontknow:
but hopefully could confirm it this year.

Will PM you next time I go out and maybe your buddy will be better on the camera next time(not that those shots were shabby :headshake) to get us both lined up together. :wink: :eek:ccasion1:
http://homepage.mac.com/paulygs69/iMovieTheater11.html

thats the movie of me killing the launch.

now that i watch it, it doesn't seem as scary, but it did kick left right left right. in the vid it just looks like a slight left then right.

:crackup: i didn't even realise i was spinning it INSTANTLY off the line.
too bad he didn't catch my wheelie the whole rest of the 1/4 1st-3rd gear lol.

·
Registered
482 Posts
mylegacy412 said:

and 1/8th was bout 6.75x

trap speed was ~114mph

lower and strap that mule

get that 60ft down in the 1.5s

get that 1/8mph to 118-119

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lil Sal said:
lower and strap that mule

get that 60ft down in the 1.5s

get that 1/8mph to 118-119
:werd: i know, i've been spending so much money on my racebike i've been ignoring my 10R. but im gunna spoil her soon and get some extra lil goodies for the strip

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yo bro i was hte tech guy. good meetin you the other night. good job witht he spin the track was goin away fast. that guy ont he 14 is SO scared of his bike

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Slow 10 said:
Yo bro i was hte tech guy. good meetin you the other night. good job witht he spin the track was goin away fast. that guy ont he 14 is SO scared of his bike
yea man good meeting you.

that spin woke me up real quick :badteeth: lol, but i was up against that gixxer 1k and on any other run i woulda smoked him but i got happy with the clutch, lil bit to anxious to rip him. lol.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Hopefully I'll be down with my sponsor a few times this year. I'm looking for low 9s.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts