Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Going? Thinking about this but weather may change my mind as it may be windy but the high is expected to be 63deg. which is ok for me.

Sun...16
NHRA Chassisworks ET Series
Drag Racing Race #6 featuring Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman, Motorcycle, NASA and Street Trophy categories.
Times: Pit Gates Open: 8:00am, Time Trials 10:00am. Eliminations 1:00pm
Admission: General admission including pit pass: $15. Kids under 12 free with paid adult.
Racers: (does not include admission) Super Pro: $45; Pro: $40; Sportsman and Motorcycle: $30; Street: $5.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anybody live there. :dontknow:

BD
Not really, They usually come down from a Small City like Reno but think they are a big City because they are called the Biggest Little City...so maybe 1killer might come down from that place you call a City. :rolleyes:

quickgix, you coming?

Anyone Else :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'll sometimes trek up there for the Wednesday night fun runs but thats about it. Drag racing isn't really my thing. Just something to do. You going on a wednesday anytime soon?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Not really, They usually come down from a Small City like Reno but think they are a big City because they are called the Biggest Little City...so maybe 1killer might come down from that place you call a City. :rolleyes:

quickgix, you coming?

Anyone Else :dontknow:
My junk is still in the shop awaiting assembly!:dontknow:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll sometimes trek up there for the Wednesday night fun runs but thats about it. Drag racing isn't really my thing. Just something to do. You going on a wednesday anytime soon?
Going to try as many Wed. nights before it gets hot so hope to see ya out there you can't miss me the only bloo one. lol

My junk is still in the shop awaiting assembly!:dontknow:
Hope it comes back good for you I'm sure I'll see ya at another event. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Going to try as many Wed. nights before it gets hot so hope to see ya out there you can't miss me the only bloo one. lol

Hope it comes back good for you I'm sure I'll see ya at another event. :eek:ccasion1
If the weather holds up on Wednesday I'll probably head up. I'll let you know Wednesday morning.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I live near Sacramento. What is going on on March 16?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live near Sacramento. What is going on on March 16?
It's time trails and bracket racing(for the Motorcycles) from what I heard, I hope you can make it down because looking at your Signature you have a 08 10R and would love to see it out there IF I go(might be really windy on Sunday :dontknow:) so I will have to make that determination in the morning. :badteeth:

edit, miss read you got a 600 but still come down if you can :thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
yea... wind+high speed on a motorcycle=not a good combo. It's a bit of a ride for me. I'll be going to the AMA races at Infineon for sure May 16-18 if anyone is going.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yea... wind+high speed on a motorcycle=not a good combo. It's a bit of a ride for me. I'll be going to the AMA races at Infineon for sure May 16-18 if anyone is going.
Well, just got back from the CMI event. It wasn’t that windy this morning so I loaded the bike and headed out to race………………….BUT when I got there they said because of wind we will only be running 1/8 Mile.

I know some of you guys run 1/8th mile but I wanted to run over 140 + today :sad:

So, I never unloaded the bike and watched a few test runs of fellow drag racers I know at the track and left. I did get the low down that in this event you usually only get 2 rounds of testing and then Eliminations start so you could only end up with 3 passes for the whole event and that can take all day just to get those 3 rounds. :badteeth:

I think I will stick with Test and Tune days there is no limit on the amount of passes :idea:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you guys use the full rpm band of first gear or do you shift earlier in first and ride out second? I've never drag raced my bike and I was wondering...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts