Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to run my stock 04 tonight. never ran a bike before just lookin for a few tips.......thanx

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
do u guys hit your back brake a bit to keep the front end on the ground or shift just below the power.?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
im going to run my stock 04 tonight. never ran a bike before just lookin for a few tips.......thanx
How did it go Sik? I would have been out there with you today but my sprockets and chain haven't arrived yet...can't drag race until I get them as my rear sprocket is toast.:badteeth:

Anyway I hope you try again soon, I will but don't run much in the Summer so hopefully next week.:thumbsup:

bluedevil

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did very bad.... 11.1 everybody kept telling me not to wheelie so i choked off the line. didnt stall or anything but had a VERY bootsy start. next week il do better. im 6'2 an 140 so im thinkn low 10s with some more practice

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
i did very bad.... 11.1 everybody kept telling me not to wheelie so i choked off the line. didnt stall or anything but had a VERY bootsy start. next week il do better. im 6'2 an 140 so im thinkn low 10s with some more practice
I run the same bike and stock...not only that my bike has over 20k miles on it...if you show up when I'm there you can see how I launch and get some Ideas and I weigh over 200lbs suited....you will get there and have an advantage with your weight to go even faster over time....keep the Chin up ...practice practice practice that's why I keep trying stock :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
il be out there on wed for sure from now on. there were a few other 10s but they had extended swings so i couldnt realy use them as reference

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
il be out there on wed for sure from now on. there were a few other 10s but they had extended swings so i couldnt realy use them as reference
yeah, one of them is my friend...just got a New zx10R 06 and good rider and got into the 9s with it extended fast after a few runs.....but your right not a good reference for a short wheelbase bike like we run. :wink::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
How did it go Sik? I would have been out there with you today but my sprockets and chain haven't arrived yet...can't drag race until I get them as my rear sprocket is toast.:badteeth:

Anyway I hope you try again soon, I will but don't run much in the Summer so hopefully next week.:thumbsup:

bluedevil
Don't run much in Summer??:spit: Why not?
Probably now your best chance to score the elusive time.
Got the truck to solve the heat issues,
New Clutch,
New Sprockets & chain
Bike done 20k miles so it nicely settled.:thumbsup:
Stuff yerself into the suit, chin up, dump clutch, pin it.:thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Don't run much in Summer??:spit: Why not?
Probably now your best chance to score the elusive time.
Got the truck to solve the heat issues,
New Clutch,
New Sprockets & chain
Bike done 20k miles so it nicely settled.:thumbsup:
Stuff yerself into the suit, chin up, dump clutch, pin it.:thumbsup:
lol......as long as I know I can beat a bkkninja by summer I take a break. :heyyou::lol:...don't worry just messing keep the chin up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im racing again tomorrow hope it will turn out better then last week... bluedevil, are you rolln out there?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
im racing again tomorrow hope it will turn out better then last week... bluedevil, are you rolln out there?
Man, I'm so pissed today. I ordered a rear Sprocket from Suicycle last week. They said my rear sprocket should come in before Wed. this week and find out it's on back order. The owner is awesome and they have great prices(got my New DID ERV3 chain Gold 120 links for $135) but they missed the ball on the rear sprocket it's now back order so have to cancel and try to find one tomorrow but I doubt I will find one in town :headshake:badteeth:

Sorry for the rant but was looking foward to ride on Wed. because the weather should be great so as it stands now I won't be there...Good luck and remember to slip that clutch. The front wheel coming up a little in first gear is ok but try to get full throttle as much as you can in first gear and hit 2nd fast. After that it gets so much easier if you hit your shift points:thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok for sure thanx for the drag racing 101. i buy all my stuff from suicycle also bill hooks it up! are you doing stock sprokets?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
ok for sure thanx for the drag racing 101. i buy all my stuff from suicycle also bill hooks it up! are you doing stock sprokets?
No I run 520 Vortex 16T/+40T..if I can find a 40T tomorrow in a 520 flavor I may still come out...yes I forget his name but if it's Bill he looks at MSRP...he looked up the chain and said it's $185 MSRP I will hook you up for$135 I want your business. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes sir he knows whats up. i just replaced my back tire an chain for $260 curtisy of suicycle pricing

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey guys! ran my personal best today--10.46 @ 139 mph. Of course it doesn't even compare to the 9.81 @ 141.9 mph that my hubby Ira ran on Wed. I still gotta work on my 60' I don't know why I am having such a hard time launching this bike but it is definitely different the ZX7R w/hydraulic clutch.

Hope to see you guys out this Wed!

Oh and I met a great guy last week. His name was Richard Sims. He has a shop a couple hours north of Sacramento and he happened to have Troy Jackson and his turbo zx12r in the shop. I will tell you all about at the track next time you come out.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
hey guys! ran my personal best today--10.46 @ 139 mph. Of course it doesn't even compare to the 9.81 @ 141.9 mph that my hubby Ira ran on Wed. I still gotta work on my 60' I don't know why I am having such a hard time launching this bike but it is definitely different the ZX7R w/hydraulic clutch.

Hope to see you guys out this Wed!

Oh and I met a great guy last week. His name was Richard Sims. He has a shop a couple hours north of Sacramento and he happened to have Troy Jackson and his turbo zx12r in the shop. I will tell you all about at the track next time you come out.
:eek:ccasion1

Awesome for IRA as well :thumbsup: I knew when IRA ran that bike for the first time after that he will get much lower...he is becoming awesome on launch and not only that, with that time he is right there with those stretched ZX14s for times out there. :wink::cool::thumbsup:

Hope to see you guys soon at the track.

Rick

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
seat time makes a big differance...keep practicing

1 - 20 of 39 Posts