Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, now that you have had the 04 & 06 ZX-10R's and now a Gixxer K7 which one do you think is the strongest and which one has the most horsepower ???

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Okay, now that you have had the 04 & 06 ZX-10R's and now a Gixxer K7 which one do you think is the strongest and which one has the most horsepower ???
As you know all my bikes are setup for 1000SS. I ran pretty much the same numbers with the 04 and 06, but the 04 had around 10 less HP. Just easier to ride with less power. The K7 makes a little more power than the 06 and is easier to ride. I did roll-ons with all the bikes and the K7 steady walked the 10R. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay cool, must have really strong top-end to walk the 06 10R ?? Plus the K7 has a much longer stroke which will produce a little bit more torque as well.

·
Registered
194 Posts
were the roll ons from a dead even start like 3 horn blows so you time each other or something or did someone get the hit b/c that makes a big difference. Just wandering :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
were the roll ons from a dead even start like 3 horn blows so you time each other or something or did someone get the hit b/c that makes a big difference. Just wandering :dontknow:
I rode all the bikes against each other and gave the hit to my buddy on each. He is about my weight. I came around ever time except when he was on the gixxer.

·
Registered
194 Posts
k7 is faster just wandering ruthless some people do their roll ons differently and some say one thing when something else really happened. Oh yea can I borrow your k7 or 06 10 the weekend????? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope that we will see a difference in 2008 with the ZX-10r. I hope it comes back and stomp a mud hole in the Suzuki K7 Gixxer's ass with more power and rideability and comfort....Suzuki is at the end of the chain on that motor, they have tweaked the hell out of that motor since it's inception in 2001.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hey Ken, do you have a Power Commander, or I guess I should say, a "fuel management device" on the K7 yet? I noticed the websites said there out now.
:eek:ccasion1

I hope that we will see a difference in 2008 with the ZX-10r. I hope it comes back and stomp a mud hole in the Suzuki K7 Gixxer's ass with more power and rideability and comfort....Suzuki is at the end of the chain on that motor, they have tweaked the hell out of that motor since it's inception in 2001.
I would be willing to bet there is a Suzuki K7 or two getting the sh*% run/tested/disassembled at the Kwak factory as we speak.

By the way Wreckshop, we see ya at TX shootout this weekend or what?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Hey Ken, do you have a Power Commander, or I guess I should say, a "fuel management device" on the K7 yet? I noticed the websites said there out now.
The PC's are out and my teammates bike has one on it and it didn't make any difference, so I decided not to put one on mine.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
It's unbearable to hear about a Gixxer beatin the 10, maybe you should tst em again.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Shabby I guess until you look at the times he was turning with his 06 10R lol. He hauls @$$ on whatever he rides. Although I am curious when you were on the ten and your buddy the k7 did he walk just as fast or a little more even? (just seeing a difference in rider ability and keepin hope alive!)

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Shabby I guess until you look at the times he was turning with his 06 10R lol. He hauls @$$ on whatever he rides. Although I am curious when you were on the ten and your buddy the k7 did he walk just as fast or a little more even? (just seeing a difference in rider ability and keepin hope alive!)
I gave him the hit on everything we tested and I came around him everytime except for that race. He admits he can't ride as good as me thats why I gave him the hit. He's getting better though. :helmet:

·
Registered
590 Posts
I gave him the hit on everything we tested and I came around him everytime except for that race. He admits he can't ride as good as me thats why I gave him the hit. He's getting better though. :helmet:

This is why people like you need to be Riding GREEN!!

(realizing that my loyalty is irrational and I'm totally ok with that)

·
Registered
522 Posts
hey kenny you said you didn't use the pc so what do you use?
p.s. you wanna let go that 04?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
you meen you push that bike into eights without a fuel adjustment system ?
The k7s has an O2 sensor which corrects the a/f so therefore doesnt need a powercommander. buddy of mine with k7 did not pick up any more peak hp when he installed powercommander as well.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts