Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many members know RR has been here awhile and we consider him one
of our own on ZX-10R.NET. RR has also helped out many members on this site with his information from either what he knows or what he has learned and passed on to members including myself.

I thought we should do a ‘Sticky Thread” where we can support Kenny though out the rest of the Season as he has given and supported this site as well. The competition is so close so any support we can give him for the rest of the year, please feel free to post up.

Here is KENNY POPPELL (RR) as he stands going into the next round…Good Luck Kenny!!!! :thumbsup:

http://www.amaprostar.com/points/2007/SS.htm

1 KENNY POPPELL Suz 76 51 106 233
2 616 LEE SHIERTS Suz 67 107 55 229
3 1628 JOHN HALL Suz 102 70 57 229
4 1048 FARLIE HALL Suz 51 86 62 199
5 2949 JEREMY TEASLEY Suz 49 55 80 184
6 1826 DANNY PAYTON Suz 53 64 64 181
7 1 VINCE WOSKA Suz 65 62 53 180
8 3989 JOE FRANCO Suz 84 0 69 153
9 1986 EDDIE MURPHY Suz 0 53 49 102
10 1762 RICHARD GADSON Suz 50 0 51 101
11 3170 W. CARRADINE 0 49 0 49
12 4155 JAMIE MILLHOLLAND Kaw 0 49 0 49

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Wow Blooo, thanks man!!!

I can't wait for Memphis:helmet:
The points chase is going to be a dog fight to the end. Everyone in the class is a threat.

I apprieciate all the support guys. Thanks. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow Blooo, thanks man!!!

I can't wait for Memphis:helmet:
The points chase is going to be a dog fight to the end. Everyone in the class is a threat.

I apprieciate all the support guys. Thanks. :thumbsup:
No problem guy, just giving you some respect and support you deserve from this site. :wink: :eek:ccasion1 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
i really appreciate reading all of your threads RR. Being a fellow drag racer I love reading everything you post. Keep kicking ass bro !!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well guys, the AMA Prostar series is racing in Memphis this weekend. Word is rain washed allot of rubber off the track making for slick conditions. And apparently it’s pretty humid. :BangHead: Those two aren't a good combo for big numbers.
The Super-Street #s were off almots 2 tenths, 1000ss is probably the same. We might not get to see that magical 8 second pass yet, but maybe the weather will come back for Sunday. :spit:
Either way, best of luck to Kenny.:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1

(if anyone's wondering, Super Street bikes are mildly modified big CC bikes (busa,14,etc.), but only a few inches longer that stock (2"-6"). There short and powerfull, just like 1000ss bikes :moped: )

·
Registered
448 Posts
2 in row for Ruthless Racing and good weekend for Kawasaki

Well it looks like big Kenny made it 2 wins in a row now in the 1000ss class.
:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1

(Dragbike.com hasn't really posted all the results yet so don't really have any details. The AMA Porstar association's having a problem getting the info out quickly) :angryfire

Mr. Rickey Gadson got the win on his ZX-14 in the Super-Street class.

It also looks like a Kawasaki ZX-14 won the Street-Et class as well.

Good weekend for Kawasaki and Ruthless Racing. :eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats RR :eek:ccasion1: Did you get any new Personal Records?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Congrats RR :eek:ccasion1: Did you get any new Personal Records?
Thanks Guys :thumbsup:
HOT and HUMID doesn't make good weather for breaking records. The track was crap all w/e, a bunch of us had trouble hooking.
I didn't have any good qualifying passes. Wheelied 1st pass 9.45, 2nd round was on a low teen pass and could not get the bike to shift 9.30. So I'm qualified next to last :sad: I was afraid it was going to be a terrible w/e, but was on my Reaction Time game on Sunday and it saved me twice. 1st rd. I ran a 9.31 to Franco's 9.24 and won by .004. 2nd rd. I ran Teasley and I went 9.215 and he went 9.210 .009 at the stripe, another holeshot win. In the semi's it was Murphy, Shierts(2nd in pts.), and I, I had the bye into the finals:mrgreen: So I went and had a pep talk with my boy Murph to put Lee out and Murph did his job!!!:thumbsup: Murph and I in the finals, I tree him and go 9.24 to his 9.31.
I'd like to thank my sponsors......
Superbike Specialties
Performance Psycle
Cycle Concepts
Richie's Tires
Naarden
Bates Leather
Suzuki
LP Racing
Famous Stars and Straps
Rockstar Energy Drink
PoPo Photography

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Guys :thumbsup:
HOT and HUMID doesn't make good weather for breaking records. The track was crap all w/e, a bunch of us had trouble hooking.
I didn't have any good qualifying passes. Wheelied 1st pass 9.45, 2nd round was on a low teen pass and could not get the bike to shift 9.30. So I'm qualified next to last :sad: I was afraid it was going to be a terrible w/e, but was on my Reaction Time game on Sunday and it saved me twice. 1st rd. I ran a 9.31 to Franco's 9.24 and won by .004. 2nd rd. I ran Teasley and I went 9.215 and he went 9.210 .009 at the stripe, another holeshot win. In the semi's it was Murphy, Shierts(2nd in pts.), and I, I had the bye into the finals:mrgreen: So I went and had a pep talk with my boy Murph to put Lee out and Murph did his job!!!:thumbsup: Murph and I in the finals, I tree him and go 9.24 to his 9.31.
I'd like to thank my sponsors......
Superbike Specialties
Performance Psycle
Cycle Concepts
Richie's Tires
Naarden
Bates Leather
Suzuki
LP Racing
Famous Stars and Straps
Rockstar Energy Drink
PoPo Photography

Just awesome...2 holeshot wins to save the day. I remember my thread about holeshots:

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28287 :cool:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Here is something Marcus Conner(PoPo) made for me. This guy is amazing when it comes to taking and making pics!!!!:thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 137 Posts