Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Squid
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i got caught in the rain a couple days ago and i just looked at my rotors, and there is rust all over the gold part. where is this coming from can i stop it, and what should i use to get the rust off :eek:ccasion1

· Registered
174 Posts
It's just the reaction between your brake rotor and the water. It's harmless and it happens to pretty much everyone.. It'll go away after you drive a few miles. your brake pads will wear it off, it's only very light surface rust, so the pads should wear it down quickly.

· Squid
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's just the reaction between your brake rotor and the water. It's harmless and it happens to pretty much everyone.. It'll go away after you drive a few miles. your brake pads will wear it off, it's only very light surface rust, so the pads should wear it down quickly.
It's not on the part of the rotor that touches the pad it's all over the gold part of the center of the rotor

· Registered
1,339 Posts
You can take a wire brush and lightly rub it against the area with the surface rust,becareful not to scratch the area that is painted gold.
Or you car go to any auto parts store and buy some light rust remover,spray it onto the area to be treated then rinse off with the garden hose make sure you dry after rinsing,dry riding that Damm Bike!

· Registered
282 Posts
I have never seen this and I have even rode with salt on the road in winter. He said it is the gold part not the actual rotor. Guess you would have to clean it up and powdecoat it

· The Movie Goer!
6,852 Posts
Mine never rusted once. I got caught in the rain lots of times since I had the bike too. And I spray wash my bike with a hose once a week and never any rust. I say spray some wd40 on there an try to wipe it off? :dontknow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.