Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to use the running lights on the gen 2 as turn signals alon with an integrated rear light. I have the signals wired up using an extension on the left and the stock plug on the right with everything working fine.
My headlights don't come on now! Do I need to wire the running light connections into the headlights? Any idea why the main lights won't work?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
there is a kit out there, or how to instructions on how to make it. a plug that alternates between marker light and blinker light. so when you turn on blinker it flashes the marker then blinker then marker then blinker etc... i helped my friend mod it up on his R1. is that what you are talking about?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would work I guess. Do we really need running lights if we have headlights? I really just need to have my headlights working, but if that's the way to do it, I'll go for it.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
i havnt done it yet, ill tell you exactly what ive done and take pics for you if you want. i plan on doing the following

having both lights on at all times, so ill aim my high beam side down, then jump the low beam + to it and cut the high beam + away. that should put both lights on at the same time and the high beam will not blind anyone because it will be aimed down to match with the low beam.

then i plan on doing the above mentioned mod, where the markers are either on at all times or off at all times (havnt decided) and will blink in turn with the signals.

there are no parts required for the 1st mod, and i believe ill need to purchase 2 more flashers, or something anyway to get the second mod done, ill talk to my buddy, find out what we did on his bike a few years ago and get back to ya.

ill have some how-to posted soon.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good man. Should be a lot of light that way. I've read the write up on the flashing running lights on the forum, I'm just not sure if that is the least complicated way to get my headlights working or not...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm going with a single projector light and using leds mounted on mirrors for turn signals. Mounting the front lights and figuring out the wiring seems like too much work..

·
Registered
578 Posts
My buddy did it to his 10r and it wasnt that hard he used the wires for the front signals and cut the running lights wires.. He doesnt have running lights anymore but it hasnt stopped him from getting his bike inspected.. I can ask exactly what he did if you want

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
it took you 10 months to come up with that?!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never said I was quick.. I like front turn signals, but I won't ride the bike on road more than a few times a year, not going to run pump gas anymore, and it won't have a plate. Turn signals are probably the least of my worries at this point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts