Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my running lights, high beam headlight, and brake light aren't working, are these things all related because they all went out today... anybody got any suggestions, fuse?? they were all working yesterday :BangHead:

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your fuse box. It should be under your seat.
what do i check it for, fuses? :badteeth: i should find a couple, right? :heyyou: jp but seriously what do i look for and when i do find something what says it wont blow the fuse again? :dontknow:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,372 Posts
what do i check it for, fuses? :badteeth: i should find a couple, right? :heyyou: jp but seriously what do i look for and when i do find something what says it wont blow the fuse again? :dontknow:

On the back of the lid of the fuse box, it'll have a diagram of which fuse is for lights, check to see if it's pop'd or blown and replace it with the same usually a 10 or 15, sometimes 20. Unless you are mechanically inclined to find what caused it, you can just wait to see if it happens again, if it does, then you have a short somewhere and you can post up what you did that might have caused it or call a few dealerships and ask their service dept. Of coarse most will say, bring it in, try to find the one who is more forthcoming and you will come across one that can tell you what's wrong.. Worse case, take it in.

·
Registered
123 Posts
you know what a blown fuse looks like right? I hope so... well, that could be the case, but more then likely if you just recently wired anything that taps into those lights' energy source then you could have just wired them poorly, like a bad ground or exposed contacts. Rarely and I mean hardly ever if you leave your motorcycle outside for an extended period of time, an animal... lets say a squirrel can sneak its way into your engine bay and actually knaw on your wiring... it happened to my car a couple years back... he's still out there somewhere... but seriously check for loose/stripped wiring that tends to be the case!

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you know what a blown fuse looks like right? I hope so... well, that could be the case, but more then likely if you just recently wired anything that taps into those lights' energy source then you could have just wired them poorly, like a bad ground or exposed contacts. Rarely and I mean hardly ever if you leave your motorcycle outside for an extended period of time, an animal... lets say a squirrel can sneak its way into your engine bay and actually knaw on your wiring... it happened to my car a couple years back... he's still out there somewhere... but seriously check for loose/stripped wiring that tends to be the case!
i just installed hids, but the low beam works but the high beam doesnt, when i flick on the high beam switch theres a little light that flickers but never comes on and the running lights and tail lights are out, what does a blown fuse look like? a friend did the hid install, im a newb when it comes to electronic wiring :badteeth:

·
Registered
123 Posts
LOl ok theres part of the problem, you gotta get your friend to trace the wiring and make sure there is the right amperage is going through them, might actually have to uninstall it! worst case scenario tho... the fuse should have a bend in between the the two contacts, when its blown the bend looks like it exploded/ its not there anymore. Get a good fuse and compare.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOl ok theres part of the problem, you gotta get your friend to trace the wiring and make sure there is the right amperage is going through them, might actually have to uninstall it! worst case scenario tho... the fuse should have a bend in between the the two contacts, when its blown the bend looks like it exploded/ its not there anymore. Get a good fuse and compare.
ok heres an update, one of the running lights was either bad from the factory or the two electrodes touched and blew it which flew the brake light fuse, so replaced the fuse and put the stock running lights in and were ok for now, but the high beam headlight still wont work, so we are going to swap the low beam bulb over and see if that works and we already traced all the wiring and have it narrowed down to either the ballast or bulb. quick question, is it possible to put the led running lights in backwards? on the leds lights i got there was a side with two electrodes on one side and one on the other, does it matter which way it goes in :dontknow:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry dude wasn't keeping track of this thread, ummm... as for what was said^^^ I don't think there is a wrong way to connect lights backwards except for if you reverse the polls, which at that point when you start up I don't think anything will happen at all... I would need to see what you are talking about...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts