Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the mandatory evacuation zone here in Galveston County. Looks like this could be a bad one. Sent the wife and kids north round 0-dark:30 this morning (that's too early to read the clock). I'll wrap up and get out later today.

Unfortunately, gotta leave the awesome beast behind. HE can have the house, but I pray the garage is standing -- and not too wet if you don't mind -- when I return.

Going to miss this truly great site for a while...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yeah that stupid RITA is gonna screw my Saturday morning ride in the Hill Country...SA is supposed to get a bunch of rain/wind when it hits land by Saturday.

This is what I have for hurricanes that screw up riding.... :thefinger

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
TN10 said:
I'm in the mandatory evacuation zone here in Galveston County. Looks like this could be a bad one. Sent the wife and kids north round 0-dark:30 this morning (that's too early to read the clock). I'll wrap up and get out later today.

Unfortunately, gotta leave the awesome beast behind. HE can have the house, but I pray the garage is standing -- and not too wet if you don't mind -- when I return.

Going to miss this truly great site for a while...
Good luck. Let us know how you fare.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I know last year i got tired of them coming at us left and right. Most of us in florida have been lucky so far this year.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I hope yall got places to go...if not holla!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far so good... I sent the wife and daughter on their way Wednesday at 4:30 AM. No problems for them -- easy drive to OK. My son and I secured the house, packed up all the memorabilia, and hit the road around 5:00 PM Wednesday. Traffic was hoorrrrriiiibbbble! 17 hours to Oklahoma City. By way of the tube, it appears that I did alright. Anyway, the family is safe -- so all is well!

The 10 is chained up to two dirt bikes and a four wheeler. It looks like the brunt of Rita is going to pass to the east. So now the issue is flooding and looting. I'm wondering when I should start heading back and when the authorities will let people back in. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the support!

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
good luck TN!

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
ya know this sucks..... first kirk and pesky and the new orleans crew then me with ofillia. {thank god dodged a bullet} now these guys. there should be a... hurricane bomb or something. hell man on the moon, nucular wepons, plasma TV's and cant weeken a hurricane. WTF? good luck man. be safe........... get full coverage lol

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
TN10, the authorities will declare when it is safe to go back. If Houston gets hit hard, you may not have the basic necesities for city life for a couple of weeks. If you have a generator with ample fuel, plenty of food and an adaquate fresh water supply without relying on the city, you may be able to go back in a couple of days. Good Luck to all those in Rita's path.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts