Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Can someone tell me were I can get an NHRA rule book or look them up on line? I would like to run my 10 a little next season and I'm also tinkering with the idea of building a drag car and have no idea were to start as far as being legal. so any incite would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch and happy riding!! :helmet:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
N.H.10r said:
Hey guys. Can someone tell me were I can get an NHRA rule book or look them up on line? I would like to run my 10 a little next season and I'm also tinkering with the idea of building a drag car and have no idea were to start as far as being legal. so any incite would be greatly appreciated.

What classes are you wanting to run? www.nhra.com

·
Registered
99 Posts
on bike, you need deadman kill switch. leathers(1 piece or 2 piece that must zip together) faster than 120 mph or 10.99 or quicker. usually leather boots over ankles and gloves. at NHRA track for bike you will need NHRA license. you need to get form from website, get physical, and make runs solo for licensing. talk to local track. then you need to have runs signed off and watched by NHRA drivers. some tracks are lenient about it, others are not. you need to know. also check with whatever track you plan on running. they might have additional or different rules to go by.

on cars..depends on how fast and what rules are. too many to list without knowing what you have in mind. check there website as Ruthless has mentioned.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
N.H.10r said:

http://www.newenglanddragway.com/trackinfo/handbook/index.shtml

This might help you out. I am planning on running at New England this sping partly because the track opens fairly early in the year when the streets are still crappy. Good to hear there will be another 10 over there assuming that is wher you wanna run.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies!

As far as the bike, do you mean that the class is "Faster than 120mph or 10.99 or quicker" class? And the dead man switch, if I decide to do a track day will it still pass the tech insp and/or do I need it for that too?

And car. I have a 63' Ford Galaxie 2 door, gutted to a frame off resto. I have the oportunity to pick up an original 427 for it. If I tubbed it, put a cage in it, and built the motor, would I have to estimate how fast it is to choose a class? Or make a few runs to class the car?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
McHaggis said:
http://www.newenglanddragway.com/trackinfo/handbook/index.shtml

This might help you out. I am planning on running at New England this sping partly because the track opens fairly early in the year when the streets are still crappy. Good to hear there will be another 10 over there assuming that is wher you wanna run.

Thanks. Yes I plan on running at NE. Maybe we'll run head to head one day. :badteeth: PM me some time when your headed down! Ever run the 1/8th mile at oxford plains?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
N.H.10r said:
Thanks. Yes I plan on running at NE. Maybe we'll run head to head one day. :badteeth: PM me some time when your headed down! Ever run the 1/8th mile at oxford plains?
No I haven't run at Oxford. Actually haven't dragged in a while (and never on the 10) time so I am bit rusty but want to run as much as I can next year over there. I am about a 1/2 hour from New England. Would be interesting pic at the very least with Green '05 against Green '06.:thumbsup: I am planning on running opening week. I am sure I'll see you there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
dead man switch depends on track. theres expensive fixes and cheap fixes. you can buy nice billet switch. or you can use small screw and screw it into your On/Off Switch on handlebars, and hook up a rope to it. it serves same purpose. you come off. it pulls switch and kills bike. only problem...well it puts small hole on your switch. best thing i sugguest to do is go to couple races and watch and look at all bikes. find guy that seems to know alot of whats going on, and ask questions. most guys dont have problem answering them for you. An all bike race, would really help as you could see wht others are doing as far as options and such for kill swithces and rest of stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts