1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Chairman of the Board
16,053 Posts
Honestly Im surprised they've managed to pull this off so well for the few years it's been running.
But I guess the cops are stepping up their defensive tactics for this years ride.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/article_1adc5ca8-40eb-5118-8a4c-f99d81b89385.html
It is a surprise its run more than just ONE time honestly. What a shame though that the city couldnt get together with them and co-sponsor something. I know the legal rigamaroll would be a night mare but I hate seeing guys not having a place to do what they love to do when they really arent hurting anything.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
It is a surprise its run more than just ONE time honestly. What a shame though that the city couldnt get together with them and co-sponsor something. I know the legal rigamaroll would be a night mare but I hate seeing guys not having a place to do what they love to do when they really arent hurting anything.
It usually comes down to lawyers and insurance. Too big a liability. I'll bet there's an airfield somewhere they could rent. Like what's done for the TX mile. Ploblem is they want the captive audience. I dig stunt shows I choose to go to. ...the others.... I have a harsher opinion on...

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
when they really arent hurting anything.
In the rally in 2011, two motorcyclists were killed and one lost a leg, police say. Law enforcement and 911 call centers were inundated with calls about the riders' dangerous stunts. That year, area drivers reported bikers going up to 90 mph, weaving in and out of traffic, and forcing cars off the road.
i wouldn't call that being safe

I dig stunt shows I choose to go to. ...the others.... I have a harsher opinion on...
exactly

·
Chairman of the Board
16,053 Posts
i wouldn't call that being safe

exactly
Yeah I would never call it safe either. I see guys carted out by EMS every track day. I bet you do too. I dont advocate them breaking the law or endangering others either. I just hate to see them not have a place to stunt if thats what they like to do. I mean I can do a track day to get my fix but what can they do other than find an out of the way parking lot until the cops come.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Yeah I would never call it safe either. I see guys carted out by EMS every track day. I bet you do too. I dont advocate them breaking the law or endangering others either. I just hate to see them not have a place to stunt if thats what they like to do. I mean I can do a track day to get my fix but what can they do other than find an out of the way parking lot until the cops come.
quick note: of the dozen plus track days i've done this year only had 3 people transported. i've been one of em before i know what you mean though.

well we call those people lawbreakers because the only thing they love to do happens to break the law. i don't care what they do as long as they don't hold up traffic, now you're being a public nuisance. go do whatever you want on the freeway, stunt, speed, split, as long as you're all going over the speed limit and not causing a traffic jam i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it. when i come up on hundreds of bikes blocking freeway traffic is when i wish i had a snowplow

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,210 Posts
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic
This....may be my new signature.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,053 Posts
quick note: of the dozen plus track days i've done this year only had 3 people transported. i've been one of em before i know what you mean though.

well we call those people lawbreakers because the only thing they love to do happens to break the law. i don't care what they do as long as they don't hold up traffic, now you're being a public nuisance. go do whatever you want on the freeway, stunt, speed, split, as long as you're all going over the speed limit and not causing a traffic jam i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it. when i come up on hundreds of bikes blocking freeway traffic is when i wish i had a snowplow
Agreed 100% and I must congratulate you on brilliant use of the English language. :crackup: That was an awesome post! I wanted to make sure I was not mis leading in my other posts here. I love a good group ride but your right. Shutting down roads or holding up traffic in that manner is ridiculous and to be honest casts a bad light on all sport bikers since people tend to lump us all together. For some reason I lean towards linking stunters with skateboarders. Guys who love what they do but in many cases have no legal place to do it.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
How do I save a quote to use as my sig?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,210 Posts
How do I save a quote to use as my sig?
The quickest way is to act like you're going to reply to the post by quoting it, then cut and paste the quote section with the HTML tags and paste that into your signature under the User CP stuff. It's easy.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck
Ah, another Labor Day party at Bloo's house is coming up. I'm surprised you remember last year.:lol:

Uh... I've got to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life after this one.

·
Registered
146 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts