Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, All...

I replaced my OEM pads with Vesrah RJLs for a track day. When I removed the OEMs, I noticed discoloration, but didn't think too much about it since they had over 10K on them.

After the track day, I removed the RJLs and inspected them. I could see that they had gotten VERY hot...but true to reputation...no fade ever occured that I could tell.

When I removed the left side to inpect/change, I noticed that they didn't have the discoloration from heat like the right side did. I presume that since I am still running the original brake line setup, single line to the right and a line going from the right to the left, that it may have something to do with that...or might there be a different issue of why one side could pull more than another? Since it has very little miles, I don't feel that it is possible that there is "junk" in the lines/calipers or any such thing like that.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
have you cleaned all the gunk up that builds up on the pistons? check those...one side my have more than the other side

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With that little bit of mileage?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
You never know...

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
yes clean them with soap & H20 and tooth brush after pushing them outward a bit and then perhaps push the pistons in/out a few times prior to bleeding the system.

BD

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
strange thing is that it appears that it has done this from the beginning...being that the OEM pads also showed heat from one side and not the other...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts