Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
OUCH! Pot Hole? Personally I would just replace it. Wheel will probably never be the same even it was fixed properly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some teenagers hit me on my side and forced me off the road and i hit the curb.

·
Registered
220 Posts
gp frame and wheel sacramento, ca. best in the business. straightened many wheels. Also straightens and repairs frames and other components. Recently fixed my swingarm with had about 1mm off on one side causing 1 extra degree of roll.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Probably every major city in North American has a number of wheel repair shops that can do that job.

Which begs the obvious question...where the hell are you? Put some details into your thread fer...

·
Registered
337 Posts
OUCH! Pot Hole? Personally I would just replace it. Wheel will probably never be the same even it was fixed properly.
if insurance will do it, that would be the way to go, the wheels are stupid expensive, that's why I got road Hazzard coverage, takes care of wheels rotors and suspension and calipers if it is from pot holes or other riding over shit I'm not supposed to type stuff. 400 well spent if even once that happens to me

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I't seems there was more damage then just the rim. The bearing on the opposite side of the bend was damaged also. Insurance took care of it all, but i learned that the 2017 zx10rr you can't just purchase bearings from kawasaki. They don't offer it. I couldn't find bearings for it so i just made a claim and got it all replaced. Anyone else know of this bearing issue?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Typical. Kawasaki sources the wheels from Marchesini, as a unit. You can get bearings by ordering ones for marchesnini wheels.
All Ballz bearings should have them. You may also be able to get the number off the bearing in the wheel to be sure.

These RR wheels, while cool, have become a major pain.

They are a non-standard Marchesini wheel, as they use the Kawasaki cush drive, NOT the Marchesini cush drive. The sprocket carrier accepts the standard Kawasaki sprocket, not a Marchesini sprocket also.
They are forged to directly accept brake rotors, (Most Marchesinis have application specific carriers that bolt to the wheels) but for whatever reason Marchesini made the hub too narrow, which required the RR specific brake rotors.

Getting parts for them from kawasaki will be impossible, and getting parts for them from Marchesini will likley be even more difficult.

I imagine these wheels will be extremely hard to get in a few years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well , got my bike all fixed. so i'm selling the old front wheel AS IS! anyone interested let me know.

·
Registered
670 Posts
You've permanently deformed the aluminum. Bending it back will make it even weaker. Think of it like bending a paperclip.. Any fix will likely be temporary if you live in Pot Hole City (like me lol)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so you are the expert on bent wheels? it isn't bent bad at all. thanks for the negativity armchair warrior!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I live in Dominican Republic, super especial shops are not around the corner.

we repair rims a lot here and no problem with them getting weaker, sometimes small stuff we use a hammer and a hard as hell plastic to put in between...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts