Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I wonder if anyone can help me out...

The Marchesini's on the RR. The brake rotors are different than the standard RR. Does anyone know if that is just bolt pattern or alignment? If I swap a set of forged Marchesinis from a Gen4, does the RR still require brake rotor spacers?

Rear hub. The RR hub is the same part as the non RR Zx10. So uses a kawi sprocket. (Also the same part number)
The marchesini hub requires a marchesini sprocket. Are the hubs swappable between the OEM marchesini and a standard marchesini?

Im looking at a set of forged mag wheels and want to be sure they fit.

Anyone?

D

·
The Pace
7,163 Posts
Tricky; ask the wheel manufacturer as that's their domain. I know nothing about that wheel but have come across some evidence of personality perks, all from POOR riders wth fat wallets.

If Kawa backs that wheel, then CALL THEM. Their engineer will provide your briefing in full. What they're there for.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Measured today. The Sprocket carrier on the OEM marchesinis is different than the sprocket carrier on the Aftermarket forged wheels.

They are NOT interchangeable.

More info to come.....

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I just know since a friend brought by accident, gen5 RR rotors are diferent than R.

R are flat
RR are hallow.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,116 Posts
I just know since a friend brought by accident, gen5 RR rotors are diferent than R.

R are flat
RR are hallow.
the RR rotors are hollow? my bike has the Marchesini wheels. Also has the RR ECU at least as best I can tell, and from dealing with woolich when trying to figure out why my ECU wasn't listed under the normal R abs model but my bike it the SE. As far as I know the only thing different between mine and the RR is the head can accommodate higher lift cams than my bike can. Oh and electronic suspension and the gearing on the SE is the same as the R where the RR has lower overall gearing for quicker Accel and lower top speed. Could be wrong and now am gonna go take a closer look. Would compare to my friends RR but he totaled it Sunday 2 weeks ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts