Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 zx10r
is anyone else having trouble with this? coming out of 3rd into 2nd same with 2nd to 1st, my rpm's are hanging with no throttle and clutch in for a good 2-3 seconds...seems as it gets warmer it goes away...my kawi dealer took it out and had it happen once or twice but could not diagnose it.. warranty center says they had no cases of it. i made sure the dealer made note of this to warranty claims dept. any ideas?:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,856 Posts
Need a mods list here. ECU flashed? PC connected? All stock? Anything else done to it?

Syncing the TB's is a decent place to start.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No engine mods yet.i have a 1/5 on the way,will send out my ecu and get a pipe .since I will be doing all this soon, i should figure it out now... No we cant seem to pinpoint any binding. It kind of sucks cause thats my brakes. Kind of a safety issue ya know

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually now that its bought up,i cant really recall,but I dont think it has ever happened when turning

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,856 Posts
Usually, this problem is indicative of a vacuum issue with the motor. Either a leak somewhere or poor synchronization. Given that the bike is fairly new, and it's somewhat intermittent, I'd start by verifying that all the throttle bodies are properly synced up and try to eliminate that as a possible problem. If you think they're synced from the factory, you're WRONG! And it's recommended to do this once every 12 months.

You can also verify that your throttle cables are properly slacked and not binding. While the motor is idling, sit on the bike and move the handlebars full lock in both directions while listening and watching the tach. If the engine RPMs go up or down while you're doing this, the cables need to be adjusted. And use your hands on the end weights of the bars to prevent your hand from turning the throttle while you're doing this test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts