Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found the limit of stock gen one valve springs with the Gen one race cams, I'm wanting to turn the bike to 13500 or 13700rpms as it should still be making good power. I'm concerned about valve float as I'm running fairly tight piston to valve clearance. This is the gen one race cam and stock springs.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Guys have increased 500rpm with no problems at all. Anymore than that you should look at new reatiners at a minimum. Even the KIT manual states to beefen up the top end if spinning higher than that.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
talked with sal at ace perf. couple of years ago, he stated .025 shims would increase valve float 450-500 rpm on stk. springs. don't see that as option if you already increased lift also without cking coil bind. my son's 07 is on the dyno now, and we're running into the same thing, hitting rev limiter at 12500 with power still climbing, probably losing 3-5 hp if we could overrev. 08 race int. degreed at 110.5 stk. 07 ex. at 106.5, carp. springs and retainers. need to degree lower, or extend ecu. i believe your stretching it on float and ptv with your setup. my 04 has same situation with stk. shimmed springs on stk. lift web regrinds.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
DJ Ignition module will allow the 500 extra. Or are you guys trying for even more? Then would need ECU flashed and would be couple hundred just for that.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
yeah, it can be extended, but bugman youre looking at the main factor that must be considered, smart guy. good luck.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still have not changed my springs, Im finaly getting around to doing it, Does anyone know if the gen 4 springs are stiffer?

PS. what seems to be holding up better cromemoly retainers or aluminum?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts