Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if anyone has ever used royal purple engine oil in there vehicle either a motorcycle or any other vehicle... i always watch a show here on spike tv (powerblocktv)every weekend and they advertise it and use it in the vehicles they build and fix up. I don't know anyone that has used it personally but was about to switch to synthetic in my gen4 and was kinda curious about it. :grin2:

Max-Cycle Synthetic Engine Oil for Motorcycles | Royal Purple

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've run it in my car for years,always liked it. It's usually overkill for a daily driver but if you do your own oil changes then it's still only about 45 (oil and k&n oil filter) but unless they have a specific motorcycle oil,don't use it in a bike. Motorcycle oils have special additives just for bikes, since they share the oil with the transmission. Regular oil will greatly shorten the life of a motorcycle engine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
You can find a lot of negative reviews on the net for RP oils. You can find good reviews as well. I do not know of a single pro engine builder that uses it. I stay away from any product that states BS science in their hyped marketing ads. Ask yourself why would a company put all that dye into the product? Could it be - I dunno - marketing? Don't get me going on ZMax either.

Run a good synthetic (Mobil1, Rotella T6, etc) that does not say "Energy Conserving" on that little round cert label and you're clutch will be fine.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
I started using it when we did a trial here at work on a very expensive gear box. We were struggling with gear box failures and made the switch. After a year of use we disassembled and mic'ed. Almost zero wear. We converted the entire plant and after 10 years we have had zero failures. I actually became a Royal Purple distributor because of it. Just FYI, most oils have dyes in them. Its just a fancy way for a company to put their own stamp on the product and provides a bit of customer appeal. So for me its been 10 years of it in my bikes, cars, lawn mowers, weed eaters, edgers, pressure cleaners, everything.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I love oil threads. You get as many opinions as people responding. I run a good synthetic and change it more often than recommended. That way, if I am not running the best of the best, I pull it before it breaks down.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
I love oil threads. You get as many opinions as people responding. I run a good synthetic and change it more often than recommended. That way, if I am not running the best of the best, I pull it before it breaks down.
No doubt. Some guys get really fired up about it to. Along with tire and tire pressure threads.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've run it in my car for years,always liked it. It's usually overkill for a daily driver but if you do your own oil changes then it's still only about 45 (oil and k&n oil filter) but unless they have a specific motorcycle oil,don't use it in a bike. Motorcycle oils have special additives just for bikes, since they share the oil with the transmission. Regular oil will greatly shorten the life of a motorcycle engine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
yea they do have it for motorcycles. :grin2:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I started using it when we did a trial here at work on a very expensive gear box. We were struggling with gear box failures and made the switch. After a year of use we disassembled and mic'ed. Almost zero wear. We converted the entire plant and after 10 years we have had zero failures. I actually became a Royal Purple distributor because of it. Just FYI, most oils have dyes in them. Its just a fancy way for a company to put their own stamp on the product and provides a bit of customer appeal. So for me its been 10 years of it in my bikes, cars, lawn mowers, weed eaters, edgers, pressure cleaners, everything.
good to know.. i asked about it several years ago to autozone and the guys up there never heard of it.. several years later you now i see it at all the local auto parts stores... pepboys,autozone,napa... think ima give a try.. just been using standard kawa non synthetic so far in my bike got alittle over 4k on her fiqure i switch it out to a synthetic. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts