Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me why the idle is so rough? Switched from stock exhaust to AR GP3 Ultimate. Bike is EU version and O2 sensor is on place. Here is a video -

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
gen4 loves a long link pipe and end can!is everything else stock?no PCV or filter yet or dynod?I did have that AR system on but already had a PCV filter and Dyno done!I mounted and ran mine with no problems like that!what did you do the the exhaust servo cables and motor?did you leave the servo motor connected and disconnect the cables?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The servo is still in place and cables too. Cables are hanging next to the can. I will be installing bazzaz in the weekends and wondering if I add some % at idle will it fix the issue?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
That would be a likely fix. That's not really a rough idle, per se, but more of a 'hunting' idle. This usually happens when you have a drastic difference in tune between neighboring cells on the fuel and/or timing map.... changing the exhaust likely leaned out the idle area severely do to a reduction in backpressure (just a guess). You will have to isolate the cells where it's hunting and either richen or lean one out to get them to balance a little better.... Though you may have to adjust your idle/tps a bit after that to get it spot-on perfect.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
That's typical on Gen 4's with free flowing exhausts. I raised the idle through Woolich and it smoothed the idle out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heya guys. Installed the Bazzaz and loaded a map from their site. Since I am in the EU the fuels here are a bit different I guess. The maps for the EU bikes are not so much and I have downloaded 3 maps. Currently, I am running a rich map and some of the cells have +%30-40 in the midrange and %40-50 TPS. Is that normal? Also, tweaked the idle. I have added +%10 at %0 TPS and 1000-1500 RPM. The bike is idling smooth now. I am pretty happy with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts