Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the rotors from the 2nd gen bolt up to and work on the 1st gen without any modification? YES i looked and couldn't find the answer so help a brotha out please....i just like the look of the 2nd gen rotors for some reason? thanks in advance....:thumbsup:

·
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!!!!:ayyy:....she's looking sweet "E"..love the ladi bird pipe too!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
588 Posts
I get confused by all this, I have a set of rotors off a zx14, and a set of calipers from an 07 zx6r. I was told that I CAN'T put my rotors on with my stock calipers...so the tricky part is, if the zx6/zx14 calipers are interchangeable with the stock calipers, then shouldn't the rotors be as well? And if I put my zx6 calipers on my first gen, will I be able to put the zx14 rotos?

Super confused, even wakes me up at night b/c I think I have it all figured out, but I don't. haha input? Guess I am just dumber than I thought.

Thanks!

·
Registered
588 Posts
^^^ the zx14 rotors are bigger so you will need to put spacers in like the guys do with the cbr calipers
So does that mean that when you put the zx6/zx14 calipers on a 1st or 2nd gen, that it doesnt grab as much of the rotor as the stock caliper does?!

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
if you put the caliper on our stock rotors they work perfect just like stock but if you put the zx14 calipers on you will need spacers to push the calipers out a little because the zx14 rotors are bigger

·
Registered
588 Posts
Alright, I gotcha. May just have to have some fun this weekend, messing with fitments.

·
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think the 2nd gen rotors are "better" I just like the look of the inner ring more than the ones on the 1st gen. so if you get the zx6 or zx14 calipers then they will bolt right up to the 1st gen's without modification and don't forget to go ahead and get the radial master cylinder off either of the above bikes (or any radial unit really) as i think this is where 75% of the benefit from the mod comes from....not so much the calipers as it is the shitty master that came on the 1st gen. just my:2cents:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts