Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the stock rotor bolts made of? They are soft as hell!! I am about to replace them, but I don't know if I want or need the TI bolts.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Steel. Just a low temper to make em soft. brittle bolts would not be good for that application is my guess. Aluminum and steel dont mix well in high heat environment.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Steel. Just a low temper to make em soft. brittle bolts would not be good for that application is my guess. Aluminum and steel dont mix well in high heat environment.
its only warm @ the bolts and for the most part not hot enough ya can't touch and hold your finger on them. Anti-seize does wonders for such applications but then won't allow a thread locking agent.

BD

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've had titanium rotor bolts on my old R1 for years, they don't rust which is a huge plus point in the UK where we have tons of rock salt on the roads at this time of the year. I used copper grease when I installed them and I've not noticed any of them loosed since they were fitted, probably around 25,000 miles ago.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
damn........13.50 a piece?........wow!!.....thats 135.00 for the front wheel!!........

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
damn........13.50 a piece?........wow!!.....thats 135.00 for the front wheel!!........
You missed my sell last week. I sold 10 brand new Yoyodyne TI rotor bolts for 1/2 price to a forum member, I beleive it was Felix.

You just never know what bargains you will find when you check the forum 24/7 and every 15 minutes like he did. :lol:

They also appear to be the same bolts that are used on the rear sets, for what thats worth.

JJ

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered a set (front and rear) of TI bolts from superbike supply and it was about $10 a bolt.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
I ordered a set (front and rear) of TI bolts from superbike supply and it was about $10 a bolt.
may have to call them, street fighter by design gave me a price of 165 shipped for all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts