Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i was finally able to get out and do some riding and get a feel for how these wheels affect the characteristics of the bike. Unfortunately, I had 3 new additions to the bike at the same time, tires, wheels, and different forks. I needed to swap axles to fit the front wheel, so I chose to fit 2nd gen forks. For the first gen, according to my research, I lost approx 10lbs total in wheel weight.

From my day to day riding after initial install I could tell the wheels made turning so effortless and easy. And then I realized my steering damper was turned all the way down :grin2:. Even with the damper set to my normal, its turns so much easier than before. Its a new bike. Changing lanes on the freeway at speed, just a small push on the clip-on and it glides right over. Low speed turns is the same, the weight or resistance is much lower so it takes less force to turn the wheel. It also feels so smooth and balanced at high speeds, Its probably a combination of the changes but I feel it has a lot to do with the wheels.
Just got back from riding palomar mtn and with pushing the bike a lil more in the corners, it falls into the corners a bit easier. I also just got the Rosso 3's installed and I like em so much more than the Q3's that I just had. So, the falling into corners bit could be a combo of the wheel/tires, but again the force required to push the clip-ons is significantly reduced. Acceleration seems to be a bit quicker, braking I couldnt really tell. But in theory they should both be better right. ...if I could get my bike to float down the road, CF wheels are the only way I know to simulate that feeling.

no more strips :frown2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very nice!!! I've also got a Gen1 and have wanted to upgrade to a set of lightweight wheels, I think your review has almost tipped me over :grin2:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Love em!!!!! Looks sick brother nice.... If anybody needs some BST or Rotobox wheels hit us up at CLCracing we are dealers. Amazing wheels and together with some ceramic bearings you will no be disapointed.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
680 Posts
You should have invested in the BST Rapid TEK's IMO. If you decide to upgrade anytime soon now those sexy wheels will have to go too! They're probably a little more pricey but eh... if you're buying CF wheels to begin with you probably don't care about "pricey" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should have invested in the BST Rapid TEK's IMO. If you decide to upgrade anytime soon now those sexy wheels will have to go too! They're probably a little more pricey but eh... if you're buying CF wheels to begin with you probably don't care about "pricey" :thumbsup:
I was actually between the two when deciding and chose the rotobox because I feel like they are a slightly better product. Also the weave pattern on the rotobox looks so much better than the BST cuz of the change of direction on the weave due to the spokes on the BST. This video is what helped me decide.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
680 Posts
Very nice video! It's the little things that count I guess... Rotobox did a good job with the minute details and improvements to quality/performance.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Love the carbon rims.. :notworthy:

one of the few things left i want to add to my gen4.... besides stealing all of peterd10r's carbon and titanium bolts from his gen4.. :grin2:

Wish I had a few grand to throw around for some carbon rims.

I have the rossi III's on my stock rims and they are awesome tires.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Carbon Fiber wheels imo are the single best modification you can do to a sportbike!Luv the look of your and the style looks great!as you no about the handling but not sure of the stopping and throttle response yet you will notice the marked improvements!what happened with braking I was approaching a set of traffic lights and it just started to go amber!I would normally have cracked the throttle and hopefully got through without going through a red light!something told me get on the brakes so I did!honestly the bike stopped with ease and that shocked me! It was then I realised how much difference Carbon wheels helped this situation!you will now no that single modification is money very well spent!I can't remember but think it was a BMW S1000R that also use Carbon wheels along with Ducati!mark my words in time many manufacturers will produce bikes with Carbon Fiber wheels and then the powers that be in MotoGP and WSBK and all other racers will allow them to be used!Carbon Fiber wheels have past the test of time with strength and reliability

1 - 14 of 14 Posts