Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
I don't see it happening unless Hopkins starts to podium and win on it. And starts to do it soon.... Rossi still wants to win races and titles, and Kawasaki hasn't shown that it is capable of doing that.

I think he'll resign with Yamaha. And probably switch back to Michelin's after the Troll or Lorenzo win the title.... Though we shall see what happens when they go to tracks that are more friendly to the Bridgestone tires...

Chris

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I think the Kawasaki MotoGP bike is showing potential and I know that Rossi made some casual comment about the Kawi at the end of last season. Something to the effect that it look like it had good speed. And Team Kawasaki's denial response actually made me think that they have at least had casual conversation with Rossi. At this point it is little more than wishfull thinking, however.

·
Registered
512 Posts
We have to remember what Rossi did for Yamaha when he switched from Honda. Yamaha was struggling and when Rossi made the switch he brought the M1 to front of the pack. Maybe he is looking for another challenge?

·
Registered
522 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmm!!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Man...:love10:...That would be nice. First thing I'd do is build a Rossi Replica Bike.

:kneel:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Hopkins looked great on Sunday. I think he may have finished stronger with a different tire choice.

yes indeed he did! his groin injury is healing so he can ride instead of circulating on it now.

BD

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Hopkins looked great on Sunday. I think he may have finished stronger with a different tire choice.
True.

But then again, he may have finished farther back if two of the people in front of him didn't crash....

3 weeks I think until the next race. Hopefully he'll be nearly 100% by then. :thumbsup:

Anthony West by the way is looking like a waste of a seat.....

Chris

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
We have to remember what Rossi did for Yamaha when he switched from Honda. Yamaha was struggling and when Rossi made the switch he brought the M1 to front of the pack. Maybe he is looking for another challenge?
This is true. But at the time Rossi was at the top of the heap and probably looking for a challenge, he already has one over there with Yamaha. I think the best chance Green would have is if Hopper starts looking really good and Rossi thinks he has a better chance by changing teams.

We can all dream.

·
Registered
765 Posts
i think the bike is good enough to win and so is hopper they do need better tires they all ways fade off at the end of races they need dunlop or michelin tires i think!!!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
i think the bike is good enough to win and so is hopper they do need better tires they all ways fade off at the end of races they need dunlop or michelin tires i think!!!
Last year, Bridgestone seemed to be the tire of choice but Michelin has stepped it up a lot this year so Bridgestone seems to be in the catchup mode right now. But the first tracks of the season were considered to be "Michelin" tracks. The next race is supposed to be a track where Bridgestone's work better. Dunlop???? Dunlop is no-where in MotoGP. Totally uncompetitive in that class, it seems.

·
Registered
78 Posts
But the first tracks of the season were considered to be "Michelin" tracks. The next race is supposed to be a track where Bridgestone's work better.
I hope you are right because Rossi will always be the GOAT for me.but for now he seems to have difficulties with Bridgestones rubber,at least he's on the podium.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts