Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
kawi needs to be in moto gp.

in the last race they said that Rossi may go to Ducati with Hayden and Stoner may go to Honda

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
They gave rossi a deal. Now, The big question. If Stoner goes to honda. Who getting kick off on team honda.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Rossi could win on damn near anything. Fak, they could stick him on a Hyosung and he'd probably find a way to win races and championships! Be nice to see him on a Duc.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Rossi could win on damn near anything. Fak, they could stick him on a Hyosung and he'd probably find a way to win races and championships! Be nice to see him on a Duc.
:+1:...This is very true, hell put him on a privateer bike or the zuk and he'd still find a way to win!!:helmet:

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
:+1:...This is very true, hell put him on a privateer bike or the zuk and he'd still find a way to win!!:helmet:
:+1:

Remember, Yamaha wasn't shit until Rossi got there. They were even worse than Suzuki now. Rossi single handedly lifted that program to what it is today.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Already want to know what his replica Helmet is going to look like... Maybe when he see the ZX10 he will want to change his mind... we can still dream!! ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Apparently Yamaha asked him to drop his price from 14 mil euros to 9 mil euros and he was cool with it until he found out Lorenzo's making 8 mil euros from 4 mil euros this year, that kind of pissed him off. So Ducati is offering 16 mil euros and creative rights over his Ducati, Nicky Hayden as a Teamate and he gets to keep his Crew Chief. Ultimate win win for him. I prefer to see him in Red, Yamaha is doing the same thing Honda did, they feel they have the best bike and can use almost any rider. Lorenzo is good Spies is getting there but they havent won 9 championships, Rossi developed that bike into what it is now, Huge sign of disrespect if he switches we will see a great MOTOGP next year with epic battles between him and Lorenzo, Also Pedrosa aint goin anywhere hes cheap and consistenly stay within top 5 if he would learn to save a little tire each race til the end he would be even better

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Apparently Yamaha asked him to drop his price from 14 mil euros to 9 mil euros and he was cool with it until he found out Lorenzo's making 8 mil euros from 4 mil euros this year, that kind of pissed him off. So Ducati is offering 16 mil euros and creative rights over his Ducati, Nicky Hayden as a Teamate and he gets to keep his Crew Chief. Ultimate win win for him. I prefer to see him in Red, Yamaha is doing the same thing Honda did, they feel they have the best bike and can use almost any rider. Lorenzo is good Spies is getting there but they havent won 9 championships, Rossi developed that bike into what it is now, Huge sign of disrespect if he switches we will see a great MOTOGP next year with epic battles between him and Lorenzo, Also Pedrosa aint goin anywhere hes cheap and consistenly stay within top 5 if he would learn to save a little tire each race til the end he would be even better
You got that post right on the money.
Rossi is to MotoGP development what Schumacher was to F1 development.

It has been rumored for a while that Rossi would end up and finish his career at Ducati.

Should be neat to see.

·
Registered
119 Posts
the italian master racing for the italian team, its a marketing dream.......i feel that stoner belongs on a honda, and i think ben spies should replace rossi, when 2012 comes around and they move to bigger bikes, ben spies will dominate everybody like he did in WSBK, rossi hasn't got many years left in him right now, be interesting to see how he can adjust

·
Registered
279 Posts
the italian master racing for the italian team, its a marketing dream.......i feel that stoner belongs on a honda, and i think ben spies should replace rossi, when 2012 comes around and they move to bigger bikes, ben spies will dominate everybody like he did in WSBK, rossi hasn't got many years left in him right now, be interesting to see how he can adjust
Being an American I cant wait for Ben Spies to dominate but you cant count out Rossi yet, Look at people like John Hopkins all the talent but you gotta put it together out there on the track, If Rossi leaves the sport I doubt it will be because of lacking skill but just plain bored of the sport in 04 he admitted the 500cc bikes were more exciting to ride and the 990's at the time were boring him, often this year and last year he didnt look interested to even get first but just making sure hes the point leader, I think with the accident he will have something to prove as long as his fitness is back mentally hes the best rider and his skills havent diminished at all. But he will crash a lot more on a DUC sometimes too many electronics is a bad thing i wouldnt be surprised if he scaled them back a little on a DUC, that woyuld end his career quicker. He hates crashing where as Stoner is a pro at it now

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
My take on next years teams:

Factory Yamaha:
Jorge Lorenzo (A Rider)
Ben Spies (B Rider)

Factory Honda:
Casey Stoner (A Rider)
Andrea Dovizioso (B Rider)

Factory Ducati:
Valentino Rossi (A Rider)
Nicky Hayden (B Rider)

Tech 3:
Dani Pedrosa (A Rider)
Colin Edwards (B Rider)

Ianonne will be somewhere in the mix, moving up from Moto2 if I had to guess. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
:+1:

Remember, Yamaha wasn't shit until Rossi got there. They were even worse than Suzuki now. Rossi single handedly lifted that program to what it is today.
Oh, c'mon now. Rossi is not the second coming. He didn't single handedly do anything for anyone. He brought a harem of people with him from Honda. Together a good team was built.

Yes, he can ride but he can't do anything without a team behind him. He's the one in the limelight but there is a lot of talent in a team to make things work.

I'm rapidly losing interest in MotoGP. I'd love to see some big changes made. Moto2 is where the action is for me nowadays. There are so many guys on the grid and so much talent-it's a lot of fun to watch. Plus, I can root for my man Kenny!

Nobody I I want to root for in GP has a chance I'm afraid. (Nicky & Edwards)

I've wandered way off topic. It's time for lunch!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Oh, c'mon now. Rossi is not the second coming. He didn't single handedly do anything for anyone. He brought a harem of people with him from Honda. Together a good team was built.

Yes, he can ride but he can't do anything without a team behind him. He's the one in the limelight but there is a lot of talent in a team to make things work.
Agreed it is a team but with out riders input they would be right where Max Biaggi is in WSBK, The info Develpoded by Rossi and his team allowed Lorenzo have great success over the last 2 years and Spies to instantly see success this year although he is a hell of a rider

1 - 20 of 79 Posts