Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,029 Posts
Interesting. The Ducati experience has humbled him quite a bit. Hope next year turns out better for him.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
i hope he wins his first race back on the yamaha. its where he belongs. in his amazing career, the ducati just isnt a bike that fits his style. also, i called this at the beginning of the year lol

i love how he calls motogp boring and moto2/3 is where its at

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
He's a long way from washed up he will be back on top soon! One has to wonder if Stoners time with Ducati has something to do with him burning out so early in his career as well. Stoner had to ride that Ducati on the edge of death every weekend to have the success he had during his time there based on what Rossi has been able to do with it. Probably why Nicky seems to do better that Rossi on the death trap. Rossi has nothing to prove and nothing to gain from pushing the thing to the point of getting killed or crippled for life. Nicky hasn't arrived at that level of success and does not have that luxury of saying " I'm NOT going to push this POS and get crippled." Nicky should take Rossi's lead and get away from that junk before it puts him in a wheelchair.

·
Registered
112 Posts
He's a long way from washed up he will be back on top soon! One has to wonder if Stoners time with Ducati has something to do with him burning out so early in his career as well. Stoner had to ride that Ducati on the edge of death every weekend to have the success he had during his time there based on what Rossi has been able to do with it. Probably why Nicky seems to do better that Rossi on the death trap. Rossi has nothing to prove and nothing to gain from pushing the thing to the point of getting killed or crippled for life. Nicky hasn't arrived at that level of success and does not have that luxury of saying " I'm NOT going to push this POS and get crippled." Nicky should take Rossi's lead and get away from that junk before it puts him in a wheelchair.
Stoner didn't burn out. Don't put stuff out there that isn't true. He's leaving because he rocked on the worst bike on the grid and then went and won it all again on these best bike on the grid. Got a hot, mega-young wife and new kid and best the best while they were still relevant. And everything that Rossi said in that interview, Stoner already said.....WHILE he was riding the Ducati. Leaving on top....
Nicky Hayden is an American hero. Won the title against all odds, gives 110% at all times and says all the right things when the camera's on him. A true sportsman that GP and ungrateful fans still fail to appreciate. He isn't the best rider on the grid. But he isn't the worst either. WHEN the Desmo gets better, it will be due in no small part to Hayden's input and patience. And if he's simply riding his career out for the paycheck, so be it.
BTW, I'm not a Stoner or Nicky fan. Just calling a spade a spade.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found him (Rossi) to be open, honest and full of introspective in this interview. Stiil IMO the GOAT on the track and the most charasmatic rider ever off the track.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stoner is legendary under lean. Nobody can lean like Stoner. Nobody.
I got mad respect for Casey. I dont like him but I do respect him and he is one of the best ever. I can understand him leaving. He has been racing motorcycles for 20+ years.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Humble and legit. Not a good time in my career to struggle! Love the dude and yeah Motogp is boring as hell, very difficult to stay awake!! LOL Love the new AGV helmet! Cannot wait to see him back on the Yami..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts