Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valantino Rossi is hosting a motocross race for a charity . He is apparently inviting big name motocross racers hoping the name factor will generate more money for the cause . Being 44 And remembering thr superbikers fiasco ill say Rossi comes in 3rd out of 15?( I dont know MX grid size)

Rossi might not be the fastest champion ever . But one thing is for sure . He is the the most flmed racer ever . The man just lves the spotlight like no other before him . hes the ... Ozbournes.. of the Motogp world lol I tip my hat to him for raising money for a charity out of the goodness of his heart.
Jake

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
it will be interesting. Rossi wasnt too keen on hopping on that TZ750 after king Kenny rode the balls off it, but im sure the GOAT will do good.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CPR remember Superbikers races on wide world of sports? It was the original Supermoto but track was mostly motocross. The best Motocrossers of the time Jeramy Mcgrath , Ricky Carmichael ect publically stated they would trounce the Roadracers and expose them . Unfortunatly for them the roadracers where Freddie Spencer , Eddie Lawson , Wayne Rainey Randy Mamola, Wayne Gardner. The Road racers Trounced the motocrossers if you didnt already guess . lol

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hold on razor ... I think the news was on Moto Matters.com ... brb see if I can find it again... OK November 15th adriatic coast Italy

·
Registered
590 Posts
I would have to see the grid to determine but if he's inviting big names... he won't do well unless he rides dirt a lot.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
CPR remember Superbikers races on wide world of sports? It was the original Supermoto but track was mostly motocross. The best Motocrossers of the time Jeramy Mcgrath , Ricky Carmichael ect publically stated they would trounce the Roadracers and expose them . Unfortunatly for them the roadracers where Freddie Spencer , Eddie Lawson , Wayne Rainey Randy Mamola, Wayne Gardner. The Road racers Trounced the motocrossers if you didnt already guess . lol
haha, i didnt see that, but that is an all star cast with rainey, lawson, and spencer.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CPR in those days the only races that hit tv was the Daytona 200 and Laguna Seca (AMA) Speaking of which ... DMG anounced they will be running at Pocano raceway next year(pa) If the DMG didnt kill the racers with the pace car this year . They will surely get the ones they missed running at Pocano ! CPR... LOUSEY track , Its so bumpy/ broken /patched the stock cars even complain its too rough .( I f8cked myself up there ) Google pocano raceway... poker run.. you tube take a look yourself ... You dont know how lucky you are. Pa voted the worst roads in the country for as long as I can remember .. even our race tracks have pot holes lol.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
CPR in those days the only races that hit tv was the Daytona 200 and Laguna Seca (AMA) Speaking of which ... DMG anounced they will be running at Pocano raceway next year(pa) If the DMG didnt kill the racers with the pace car this year . They will surely get the ones they missed running at Pocano ! CPR... LOUSEY track , Its so bumpy/ broken /patched the stock cars even complain its too rough .( I f8cked myself up there ) Google pocano raceway... poker run.. you tube take a look yourself ... You dont know how lucky you are. Pa voted the worst roads in the country for as long as I can remember .. even our race tracks have pot holes lol.
:crackup: its your winter man, Have you ever been out to laguna seca (or ridden it?) i never have but that is on my things to do soon list. We ride willow normally and its a real nice track (big and small). The earliest i remember watching AMA was when Nicky was out there kicking ass, he is only a couple years older than me and i was so jealous that he got to race. i love to watch spencer though, that guy was a beast.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I disagree on it being a whole different skill set. Riding and racing both road and dirt I find that most things cross over. Riding style is obviously different but the understanding of bike control and handling, grip levels, the importance of bike setup etc is all very similar. Rossi will be awesome on whatever bike you put him on.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I remember the Freddie Spencer days...I followed his races since I was stationed in Italy/Germany at the time and was able to watch all the races on local channels there...The year he did 250/500 races was awesome.....and being from Louisiana myself, was good seeing a home-boy kick butt over there. I saw him, Rainey, Lawson, and Schwantz in Germany and got some awesome pics in a lower speed curve...they grace the walls of my motorcycle room.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts