Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing my Bazzaz QS TC this weekend with the self mapping kit and this is my first time around installing a piggyback on a bike and i have a few questions.

Any tuning i have done on cars is easy--- because dyno or not-- you could have another person drive and tune at the same time. Every Bazzaz how to video on their channel has it on a dyno where you can run the program and the bike simultaneously.

Can I data log without having a laptop plugged in, pull up my changes when i stop and edit/load from there? AKA trackside changes....

Also I have a BMC filter and a full system. Does anyone have a recommended starting point on target afr? All motor cars i would tune in the 13.5-13.8 range, and I would adjust fuel for cruising speeds to 15.0. I dont want to assume that the principal carries over if it doesnt.

Ideally the initial map should be built on a dyno- but i dont want to drive lean... I will post this on their forum as soon as i get activiated but i didnt get an email from them yet.

Any help?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Can I data log without having a laptop plugged in, pull up my changes when i stop and edit/load from there? AKA trackside changes....

Yes. Click the SELF MAPPING tab, then Start, when your connected to the bike. Unplug, ride. Plug back in. Click SELF MAPPING tab , then Retrieve (or Stop, then Retrieve). Make changes if wanted.

Cant really answer your AFR question. That would be lean tho, wouldnt it?

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
There's no fundamental difference between a modern bike engine and a modern car engine - the bike engine ist just smaller and spins faster. Air/fuel ratio - Low 13's under load, 15ish at cruise (20% throttle and below) is fine but it won't want to idle smoothly that lean. I always start rich and then sneak up on leaning it out.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for the info--- I am converting from a PC3 that came installed on the bike to the bazzaz and cant wait!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts