Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone watch the fight last night?

Total 1 sided beat down. This is what happens when you put an elite level pro boxer in the ring with a MMA star and the MMA star tries to just strike because she gets tagged every time she rushes in to try and grapple.

Every time Rousey rushed in she got tagged with perfect timed shots by an elite level former world champion boxer. At the end of round 1 Rouseys face looked like the inside of a ripe watermelon.

At the start of the second round Rousey got tagged with a perfect left shot when she tried to rush in to grapple, then Holly Holm followed it up with an absolute perfect leg strike to the neck and Rousey was out cold.

Rousey was never in the fight, only once went to the mat for a few second but Holms escaped got back up and kept nailing Rousey with perfect hard shots. I felt sorry for Ronda. This what her face looked like lol. :angryfire:

I bet Dana White didn't get any last night lol. You know he has been tapping it. :crackup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
didn't/couldn't watch but wanted to get the results once i got home from work @ 12. As the saying goes styles make contests/fights be it boxing, football, soccer, roundball etc etc. The 2 distinct styles are vastly diff even in my clueless eyes and even though i was wanting rousey to get the W it was clearly a lopsided affair due to styles.

BD

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Unfortunately I didn't get to watch it last night. Had a feeling it was going to be insane. Checked YouTube and watched Sports Center highlights this morning to catch up. I think most were pretty shocked at how the fight turned out, though quite a few gave the nod to Holmes early on, she was still an underdog 14-1. She's a whole other level of striker than Rhonda is used to, and an undefeated record is bound to break at some point the longer you stay in the game. Look at Silva, Machida, and so on. That said, Rhonda also may have started looking past her a bit, which is never smart, but likely very easy to fall into when you're at the top for a while.. It's hard to say really though. At the weigh ins she was overtly emotional, especially when compared to Holley's more business like approach. It could have been that some nerves affected her mentally. Either way, Holley was obviously the better fighter last night.
I will say that Rousey is as hard of a worker as they come, and this loss is bound to light a Massive fire under her. I personally believe that she will return to take back the belt in the coming rematch, a completely reborn fighter. I don't think she will necessarily try to out strike Holley though. I think she's going to work very hard on finding techniques to nullify Holley's ability to keep her at distance, getting to the inside next time to eventually submit or ground and pound for the finish.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Watched it live, I was very please with the results! Never been a Ronda fan. Miesha Tate is my girl, even if she isn't the best.
I like Miesha too. Great fighter, very driven and pretty sexy too.
I've been back and forth on Rhonda, as a person I mean. She's abrasive for sure, but she's also one hell of a competitor. She lives to win. I have alot of respect for her as a fighter.
Side note: it would've been great to see her fight with Cat go the distance. That was a bit of a fluke I think. Maybe not. Cat should've been more patient too. I think that would have been a war. Would be very cool to see a rematch there as well. Got lots of respect to for Cat too.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rousey looks like a female version of Shrek.. She is manly and ugly. sorry fans
If you feel that way about Ronda, I would hate to hear your opinion on Cyborg. :surprise: That Cyborg is one ugly woman IMHO.

I think Ronda is a little rough around the edges but still gorgeous. Beautiful legs, but so does Meisha Tate. After those 2, its downhill fast. :badteeth:

It seems like with the Woman MMA fighters they need good skill and craft and good looks to be a superstar, but the men only need the good skills and craft.

Women would have never been in the UFC without Ronda.

Ronda may never come back, Gena Corano never did. Time will tell.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think the way she acted prior and between fights was not how a champion should act. She was cocky as all hell and im glad she got knocked out in Straya mateeeeee. Glorious!

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
As much as I love me some Gina Carano, hell, she was the reason I watched American Gladiators, she was a far cry from what Rhonda is as an MMA fighter. She did the smart thing and went into film. I would Hate to see that beautiful face busted up in the octogon.
Far as Cyborg, sheeeeeeiiiit, that manly bitch was two injections from being 70's Arnold.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
If you feel that way about Ronda, I would hate to hear your opinion on Cyborg. :surprise: That Cyborg is one ugly woman IMHO.

I think Ronda is a little rough around the edges but still gorgeous. Beautiful legs, but so does Meisha Tate. After those 2, its downhill fast. :badteeth:

It seems like with the Woman MMA fighters they need good skill and craft and good looks to be a superstar, but the men only need the good skills and craft.

Women would have never been in the UFC without Ronda.

Ronda may never come back, Gena Corano never did. Time will tell.
yup way gorgeous is ronda, Tate don't have what it takes either so the list is quite short. I suspect a rematch next spring to bring the $$.

BD

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
yup way gorgeous is ronda, Tate don't have what it takes either so the list is quite short. I suspect a rematch next spring to bring the $$.

BD
May be true, but to be fair, Tate was the only one to take Rhonda into multiple rounds (3) during her undefeated title ranking.
I imagine we'll see a Zingano/Rousey and Tate/Rousey rematch sometime, following Holm's/Rousey one if Rhonda makes the come back. We'll have to see how all this affects her, but with her Mother and trainer backing her, along with her own will, I think she'll be back better than ever. I think any talk of her own retirement will have been put on the back burner for quite some time now too.

·
Vendor
6,736 Posts
I didn't get to watch it live but watched the highlights. I think she is one hell of an athlete and I am a fan. Like others have said though, this was a very one sided fight. I thought that Ronda looked winded the whole time and not in as good of shape as previous fights. Almost if she was fighting with someone on her back the whole time. Maybe being athlete of the year and all the added pressure of her newly found fame finally took a toll? I read some articles pre-fight that said she was going to disappear for a while after this fight win or lose. Getting to big to fast? I have to give it to Holm though, she looked amazing and executed her game plan. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
May be true, but to be fair, Tate was the only one to take Rhonda into multiple rounds (3) during her undefeated title ranking.
I imagine we'll see a Zingano/Rousey and Tate/Rousey rematch sometime, following Holm's/Rousey one if Rhonda makes the come back. We'll have to see how all this affects her, but with her Mother and trainer backing her, along with her own will, I think she'll be back better than ever. I think any talk of her own retirement will have been put on the back burner for quite some time now too.
A definite rethink is in order for RR, the rematches you mention and perhaps a new challenger within their division in route to a rematch with Holm if she's successful.

BD

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ronda just got a 6 month fighting suspension for medical reasons.

Most likely Holly Holm won't wait 6 months to defend. So Holly vs Miesha Tate next?

I can see Tate wining that fight and the title then having Rousey / Tate 3 for the title again after Rouseys suspension is up lol.

Sounds like Pro Wrestling now and I am the booker and that's the path to put Ronda back on top without Ronda having to face Holly a second time.

Rousey / Tate 3 makes no sense unless Tate has the title first.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts