Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well the bad news is this R1 was faster & pulled my bike on multiple various side by side 2nd gear roll on's - the R1's mid range & top end flat out runs my bike ?..:headshake & had insane midrange with a top end that was also a bit stronger :eyecrazy:

The chuck graves 09 R1 / rider weight 200 w/gear (expert level rider)
motor & chassis set up =
stock f & r gearing
stock wheels w/ pilot 2ct tires
stock internal motor
titanium full race exhaust
power commander with custom graves tune w/ speed shifter w
BMC race filter
stock F & R suspension
stock steering damper
graves rear sets
stock brakes
pump 91 fuel
VS

my bike 08 ZX 10-R / rider weight 230 w / gear (expert level rider)
motor & chassis set up =
stock F - +1 rear sprocket
BST F & R wheels w/ pilot 2ct tires
stock internal motor
full akro Ti evo race w/ cz can
bazzaz out of box standard tune w/ speed shifter
bmc street filter
Ivans TRE
ohlins 25mm cartridges front forks - even in the clamps
ohlins ttx 36 rear shock stock ride height
kyle racing upgrade ohlins damper
attack rear sets
braided gp front & rear brake lines motul 600 fluid
upgraded carbon pads front
carbon battery 4 oz battery
pump 91 fuel

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
WEIRD!! :headshake

I have raced almost every r1 there is around me, even a couple 09's and not one has touched me.

roll on and dig never had a yami stay with me!

my mods.
damp oil changed
stock/gutted headers with apex titanium slip on
pcV custom mapped by a1 cycles
secondaries removed along with shaft
bmc air filter
smog block offs
gearing 15/16/17/18/39/40/41/42/43
for any type of day :thumbsup:

I weigh 135 pounds suited

ps all the cosmetic shit too

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have never had any other bike on the street or cyn's touch my bike but this r1 was insane ........... i rode the bike & was amazed at how incredible it put down the power.......

one problem with my bike is keeping the front wheel down i do think that hurts me

i will try moving the rear wheel farther back

also think i will go back to stock 41 rear sproket & will have jake zemke's mechanic custom map my bazzaz...... but very surprised with that R1 big snoop here on these forums witnessed these runs & can attest to rider ability & the fact this R1 was just crazy fast ..........

·
5,932 Posts
yeah, your in cali...Whats to say he did get his bike over in another state or has a hacked ecu or something. Cause out there due to emissions your bikes are limited even more then the us version right?

hey man...up front if your running any gearing different then 17/41 and running 9/10ths and shit...from 0-100 and 0-180 you will be slower if your running different gearing. The trannys on these 3rd gens have been re designed

I have beat more people in stock trim on gearing then anything. I ran a guy with a 08 zx10 16/43 setup and kill him....similar mods and he weighed 155

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
obviously had ecu derestricted, ya?

Thing must have been a blast to ride huh?
yeah the power was amazing very good stock suspension & very stable

i had an 04 R1 completely different bike the thing i never liked was the tall feeling of the bike just could never get comfortable with it , & the new R1 still sits kinda tall ! & i still dont like the tall seating position imo that may suit taller riders better

but besides the tall seating position on the bike , IMO it's a killer bike !

puts power down very much like a twin, but way, way, stronger on top end - mid range & just hits the midrange then pulls unbelievably.. it's was just a rocket this R1 was the fastest bike i have ever ridden bar none !

can't imagine what jorge rossi & spies bikes must feel like must be just down right scary power

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
i have raced a fully built graves bike and Also had the same outcome as you, that bike was sick let me see if i can find a picture.. here it is its an 04 model still fast as hell

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Sorry but it sounds like your bike was setup by a 5 year old. I'm not saying that r1 isn't fast but with the weight reduction you have and I don't believe it. The way your bike is currently set sure but sounds like you have alot to do. I mean a stock 09 r1 I believe is like 477 wet zx10r is like 463. You have at least 30pounds of weight loss. That or that r1 has way more done to it than you're told.

·
Registered
322 Posts
damn son!!! i've shit turds that weigh more than you:eyecrazy:

hell i haven't seen 135 since highschool. i graduated hs at 140.
ain that the truth, i mean come on for a fair race between us he would one big hoe on the back to even the weight out....bigger guys have the disadvantage on bikes.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
well the bad news is this R1 was faster & pulled my bike on multiple various side by side 2nd gear roll on's - the R1's mid range & top end flat out runs my bike ?..:headshake & had insane midrange with a top end that was also a bit stronger :eyecrazy:

The chuck graves 09 R1 / rider weight 200 w/gear (expert level rider)
motor & chassis set up =
stock f & r gearing
stock wheels w/ pilot 2ct tires
stock internal motor
titanium full race exhaust
power commander with custom graves tune w/ speed shifter w
BMC race filter
stock F & R suspension
stock steering damper
graves rear sets
stock brakes
pump 91 fuel
VS

my bike 08 ZX 10-R / rider weight 230 w / gear (expert level rider)
motor & chassis set up =
stock F - +1 rear sprocket
BST F & R wheels w/ pilot 2ct tires
stock internal motor
full akro Ti evo race w/ cz can
bazzaz out of box standard tune w/ speed shifter
bmc race filter
ohlins 25mm cartridges front forks - even in the clamps
ohlins ttx 36 rear shock stock ride height
kyle racing upgrade ohlins damper
attack rear sets
braided gp front & rear brake lines motul 600 fluid
upgraded carbon pads front
carbon battery 4 oz battery
pump 91 fuel

There is something seriously wrong with your bike.... get it fixed ASAP.

·
5,932 Posts
grn08 and coolgjc make me laugh haha...Hey being 5ft 10 and 135-140 has its perks in the sportbike world you know. Not many people around my parts like racing me just due to my weigh along with having a tuned zx10r under me....
:thumbsup:
MagicMavis we all know the 09 r1 was a piece of shit. I have seen and raced a couple and NONE EVEN CAME CLOSE!! I mean by the end of 3rd gear on a roll on, I didn't see them in my mirror...Like racing a 600!! Now from the dig, one guy came close, but he had experience but I still easily pulled the guy!

Over all...THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR BIKE MAN!! If you have a 3rd gen zx10r you have the worlds fastest production bike from 0-100mph and 0-180mph so theres something wrong with this picture...Oh well...

·
5,932 Posts
ps....I want to see a video or pictures claiming this r1 is faster cause right now it seems to be rider error...Just my opinion

·
Registered
405 Posts
WEIRD!! :headshake

I weigh 135 pounds suited
"Crack is wack!!"

Just kiddin'... but damn son!! put some meat on your bones.
But then again you're in good company. That's in the ball park with Rossi, but in all actuality you're heavier than him. I think he's like 6' 1" an lighter than you. It's very close though.

Just sounds weird is all.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
Given Graves' experience with R1's, I am rather sure that they've found a way around whatever restriction is holding them back in stock form, and that makes ALL the difference. A properly race-tuned 2009 R1 is not a slow bike ...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts