Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:ccasion1

Me and my buddy with his new CBR 1000RR swapped out for a few test runs after a few roll on tests. For those of you who care here's what I experienced and now think:

The 10 is much faster and pulls stronger and harder on top

The CBR 1000 is a very capable and fast bike - if my 10 is not @ 7-8grand when we launch for 2nd gear roll ons then the CBR will pull on me till I hit the power about 8-10 grand. We both weigh about 150. We both have -1 countershaft sprockets. Mine is piped and mapped with PC3, his is stock.

I was very suprised by the CBR. It wheelies in 2nd pretty easy - I would say easier than mine when mine was stock. Remember he has a -1 cs. Put the CBR in 2nd up till about 7 grand and whack it and it comes right up!!

We swapped bikes and did roll ons - he said he couldnt keep my 10 pinned cause the front wanted to come up (you guys know how that front feels - like it wants to come up and it just wiggles when hard on the gas)...But nonetheless that RR is pretty good - Real stable - but you can feel the added weight.

RR's aren't as bad as many make them out to be. I still would rather have my 10 though - the 10 quality is very comparable -thats saying alot when comparing with HONDA. I like my ten....

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Very nice.

It does take a little time to get used to being on only 1 wheel through the first 2 gears.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Hmmm.

I am picking up my buddies 05 RR tommorow for the weekend.

The bike only has 70 miles on it so I will not be able to fully beat on it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Shannon Sanders said:
:eek:ccasion1

Me and my buddy with his new CBR 1000RR swapped out for a few test runs after a few roll on tests. For those of you who care here's what I experienced and now think:

The 10 is much faster and pulls stronger and harder on top

The CBR 1000 is a very capable and fast bike - if my 10 is not @ 7-8grand when we launch for 2nd gear roll ons then the CBR will pull on me till I hit the power about 8-10 grand. We both weigh about 150. We both have -1 countershaft sprockets. Mine is piped and mapped with PC3, his is stock.

I was very suprised by the CBR. It wheelies in 2nd pretty easy - I would say easier than mine when mine was stock. Remember he has a -1 cs. Put the CBR in 2nd up till about 7 grand and whack it and it comes right up!!

We swapped bikes and did roll ons - he said he couldnt keep my 10 pinned cause the front wanted to come up (you guys know how that front feels - like it wants to come up and it just wiggles when hard on the gas)...But nonetheless that RR is pretty good - Real stable - but you can feel the added weight.

RR's aren't as bad as many make them out to be. I still would rather have my 10 though - the 10 quality is very comparable -thats saying alot when comparing with HONDA. I like my ten....
YOUR 10 is not good. don't forget he is stock, when the 2 bikes are stock, the 10 is better than the RR. there's something wrong with your 10 boy

·
Registered
536 Posts
The RR is a nice ride. It was my second choice to the 10. I especially like the all-red 2005. I have no regrets though.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Den - when did you say the last time you rode a RR was?? No one said the 10 was slower or that the RR was better. Just said that the RR was impressive. The mags make the RR out to be a slow sled. I did not find this to be after riding his RR for quite some time. The 10 is definitely a faster, more agile feeling bike, but the dyno tells the story: In "Roadracing World" April 2004 issue the CBR, GIxxer 1000, and the 10 were compared in every way - on the dyno the CBR puts out more power than the 10 all the way up to 9500 rpm - from there the 10 just leaves it. When riding the RR you do notice the power advantage of the RR at the bottom and it pulls pretty hard till 10 grand where it feels like it levels out - the 10 just keeps pulling - different power in different areas. Hope you ride one soon - you'll see.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Honda makes good dirt bikes, and scooters

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
and crap

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Shannon Sanders said:
Den - when did you say the last time you rode a RR was?? No one said the 10 was slower or that the RR was better. Just said that the RR was impressive. The mags make the RR out to be a slow sled. I did not find this to be after riding his RR for quite some time. The 10 is definitely a faster, more agile feeling bike, but the dyno tells the story: In "Roadracing World" April 2004 issue the CBR, GIxxer 1000, and the 10 were compared in every way - on the dyno the CBR puts out more power than the 10 all the way up to 9500 rpm - from there the 10 just leaves it. When riding the RR you do notice the power advantage of the RR at the bottom and it pulls pretty hard till 10 grand where it feels like it levels out - the 10 just keeps pulling - different power in different areas. Hope you ride one soon - you'll see.

I believe you Shannon. I got a video on the hard drive where the honda beats a 10R on a long stretch. I know it wasn''t that the Honda was faster but mostly rider not being right in his power band and experiance. I also have another video where the Honda is totally imbarassed by a 10, so go fiqure. It's most likely rider :rolleyes:

·
Registered
803 Posts
I love my Honda. The hydrostatic drive absolutely rocks, and with the 21" deck, it makes short work of any overgrown grass on my lawn.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Shannon Sanders said:
As always theres a few variables that most don't see and this is a prime example of just that. The RR gearbox is not a close ratio setup like the 10r nor is it geared to top out 1st gear over 100mph like the 10r is so while the RR can run close to the 10 in some instances this would be the reason, however many dyno runs i've seen from Mag comparos and private owners have the 10r with the upper hand from low end to upper end! then things get real giggy when the two bikes hit the road for a side by side and its no contest as the 10 will steadily pull away until theres 3-4 bikes lengths between them. And yes i've ridden one and did some roll-ons against one.

BD

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Big Daddy said:
the 10 will steadily pull away until theres 3-4 bikes lengths between them.
BD
Every time. not even worth the fuel.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Shannon Sanders said:
Den - when oingdid you say the last time you rode a RR was?? No one said the 10 was slower or that the RR was better. Just said that the RR was impressive. The mags make the RR out to be a slow sled. I did not find this to be after riding his RR for quite some time. The 10 is definitely a faster, more agile feeling bike, but the dyno tells the story: In "Roadracing World" April 2004 issue the CBR, GIxxer 1000, and the 10 were compared in every way - on the dyno the CBR puts out more power than the 10 all way up to 9500 rpm - from there the 10 just leaves it. When riding the RR you do notice the power advantage of the RR at the bottom and it pulls pretty hard till 10 grand where it feels like it levels out - the 10 just keeps pulling - different power in different areas. Hope you ride one soon - you'll see.
hey shannon, i already rode all the new 1000 04 and raced them all, the R1 and The RR are the easiest bike to ride, i can't understand why a stock RR is better than yours with some aftermarket modifications at low rpm!!!:dontknow: i might miss something, why therefore doing all that????
my 10 modif are full akra, pc and tuned by myself, never dynoed it, but always comparing it with a gsxr 04 with full yosh and pc. And i can see it better or worst, prefer this to dyno testing. I don't trust in dynos:headshake the truth is road racing!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I couldn't agree with you guys more. My 10 will absolutely leave him when we do the roll on's from 8-10 grand. And from there as you all have said my 10 just leaves him. I wish I had a twin brother who had the exact capabilities that I do then I could race myself and see the true results. Riders are such a strong variable when racing these 1000's - that its really hard to objectively compare. Again stock to stock the RR's arent that bad...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do you just have to get the ten up in the rpms before it really comes alive? I just got mine and it doesn’t seem as wheelie crazy as everyone says. I haven't found the sweet spot. I had a 954 give me a hard time.lol I ran out of road before I could get him. He was all happy but I knew my rpms were to low. I do have the counter sprocket sitting at home but im going to get use to the bike first. I have ridden a Honda RR and their not bad bikes. Hell all the new bikes are nice. But the 10 does handle like a dream

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gabe, I know what your talking about - I thought the same exact thing. You read all day long about how viciously crazy this 10 is then you go buy it and your like - man this is fast but not as torquey as the R1 (02-03) down low. Even the 954 have alot on the low rpm level - I think more than our 10's (most people are going to rip on me cause I say that), but let me defend the 10. They redline @ 13,000 rpm so midrange is about 7 grand and also Our 10's 1st gear is about as fast as their second 102 mph fast. SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION: yes you do have to rev the motor - start at 8 grand and let her rip - the motor (in my opinion) doesn't really start till 6-7. The 10 motor is a short stroke motor - so its made to rev - the R1's (02-03, not 04) and 954 and GIXXER 10's (not 05's) are longer stroke motor's which dont rev as high but have a bit more bottom end torque- so yes in order to race em ' ' got to rev it up like a 600......Here again - I'll take flack for this opinion but its mine. PS. best upgrade I ever did was a PC3 with Dan Kyle slip on map with slip on. The Sprocket, despite what everyone said wasn't that impressive (it was good) but not what everyone pumped it up to be - in my opinion. NOW GO GET THAT 954 AND WHOOP UP ON EM...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I do love the way it handles. I haven't noticed the front end being so bad. I gess im just a little nuts. lol Im going to get one anyways just in case of a surprise head shack. When I get some more cash Im going to put on a pc3 maybe that will spunk it up. lol I was realing in the 954 preaty good just ran out of road. he sure was happy.lol

1 - 20 of 50 Posts