Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the somewhat new guy on this forum. I rode my friend's 2008 Yamaha R1 last night for about 20 minutes around town and on the highway. I can now say that I understand the appeal of a liter bike now. I am feeling the temptations of the darker side of the force. Aside from the tall 1st gear on a liter bike, his 5th gear pulls like my 1st gear on my 600. Whoa, I never ridden a bike that made my own bike feel slow. I've ridden many different kinds of bikes from demos, friends, and motorcycle shows and I am still giddy how that made my bike feel slow. I miss having a kawasaki.

Next mission I have is to figure out how to borrow someone's 10 on this forum for a spin to have a comparison. Anyone offering?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I'm the somewhat new guy on this forum.
I'd say that's an understatement! :welcome: You could sell your CBR and probably have enough coin to find a nice 1st gen. 10R.:dontknow:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm the somewhat new guy on this forum. I rode my friend's 2008 Yamaha R1 last night for about 20 minutes around town and on the highway. I can now say that I understand the appeal of a liter bike now. I am feeling the temptations of the darker side of the force. Aside from the tall 1st gear on a liter bike, his 5th gear pulls like my 1st gear on my 600. Whoa, I never ridden a bike that made my own bike feel slow. I've ridden many different kinds of bikes from demos, friends, and motorcycle shows and I am still giddy how that made my bike feel slow. I miss having a kawasaki.

Next mission I have is to figure out how to borrow someone's 10 on this forum for a spin to have a comparison. Anyone offering?:thumbsup:
I ride my girlfriends 750 Katana with her on the back on occassion and it is definitely an eye opener when I get back on my 10. you have to be careful transitioning from one to the other for sure......

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Ditch the gay MOhawk and then someone might let you ride there bike, before that I highly doubt it!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Welcome Fool!!!

And a zx6 will pull harder than that 600rr :crackup:

Oh yeah what year was the R1???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ditch the gay MOhawk and then someone might let you ride there bike, before that I highly doubt it!!!
I can't get rid of the mohawk. I have it glued to my helmet. I've had it since I started riding. Everyone recognizes me, and sometimes I get in trouble in police lineups (j/k). I first got it because when I had the Ninja 250, it was so quiet and small, people would forget I was there so I had to come up with stuff to be noticeable in traffic. So it started out as safety, but is now an icon.

I don't really care if it is seen as cool or not, I'm doing my own thing.

Welcome Fool!!!

And a zx6 will pull harder than that 600rr :crackup:

Oh yeah what year was the R1???
It was a 2008 Black and Gold Edition. It's damn sexy.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You'll be more surprised by the pull of a 10r...especially from 7k-8k rpm and up.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
mowhawks arent gay at all...yes the one he has in his picture is totally GHEY!!!!! mine on the other hand is not

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
You'll be more surprised by the pull of a 10r...especially from 7k-8k rpm and up.
couldnt agree more....try and rides someones 10r...youll be even more surprised than your friends R1....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The story about the mohawk. It started out for safety reasons. My first bike, the Ninja 250 was small silhouette and quiet. That’s two things to go against me. I got tired of traffic attempting to merge into my same lane or make a left turn in front of me. I’ve changed a few things about my riding style, I ride with my high beams on during daylight hours, and I wanted to add something to my gear to make me stand out more. I didn’t want to ride down the street with a pink tutu dress on in order to stand out. I saw someone with a mohawk on in a magazine so I got it. Since riding with a mohawk, I’ve had a lot more cagers give me space and respect. Although now, it has become an icon. People will shout out to me, “For SPARTA!” When I get near a minivan full of kids, I would hear, “WOW, COOL!” In all honesty though, I don’t really care if it is cool or not. If people laugh and snicker at the mohawk, it means I was noticed and I want to be conspicuous on the street.

Welcome Fool!!! And a zx6 will pull harder than that 600rr :crackup: Oh yeah what year was the R1???
I sometimes regret getting the CBR and wished I got ZX-6R instead, but it is too late.
The R1 is a 2008 year, black and gold edition. It was damn sexy to look at.

mowhawks arent gay at all...yes the one he has in his picture is totally GHEY!!!!! mine on the other hand is not
The picture is old, the mohawk is weather beaten now. I’ve gotten used to wearing the mohawk. I will get people coming to me to tell me, “Oh I saw you on I-40 the other day” or “I saw you going fast as hell on some back road”. My girlfriend likes it because she gets little status updates from all her friends making sure I am not with some other girl, LOL. The police in my town seem to be pretty nice to me and they don’t give me much grief. It is different when I go to a different county, I always get followed and sometimes get in trouble with the law when I go into Wake, Durham, or Chatham County.

couldnt agree more....try and rides someones 10r...youll be even more surprised than your friends R1....
I think I am going to ask a friend I haven’t seen in a while who has 08/09 ZX-10R if I can borrow it for a ride.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Keep the mohawk and then upgrade to a gsxr 750 or 1000.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts