Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i rode my first zx-14 yesterday. it was stretched lowered with an air shifter. was the first time i have rode a bike like that. revving it to only 4000 rpm is weird. Well i took off like i was at a stop light and then got in the gas hard and poped of a 9.59 at 146Mph. I think im going to sell the 10 cause this thing was SO much easier to ride then the zx10.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well i rode my first zx-14 yesterday. it was stretched lowered with an air shifter. was the first time i have rode a bike like that. revving it to only 4000 rpm is weird. Well i took off like i was at a stop light and then got in the gas hard and poped of a 9.59 at 146Mph. I think im going to sell the 10 cause this thing was SO much easier to ride then the zx10.
Thats what I just did, got me a 14 and on the 10th pass went [email protected] mph. Stretched, lowered,sidewinder,powercommander Brocks map,strapped,16-46 gear. Mr9 and I'm 185 unsuited.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to get one as soon as I can. So easy to launch. My zx10r has something funny about the clutch that makes it almost impossible to slip.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I'm going to get one as soon as I can. So easy to launch. My zx10r has something funny about the clutch that makes it almost impossible to slip.
Mine does too but

Not me :headshake I like the fact I have to fight my bike off the start and the fun it brings...maybe not ZX14 times but on the street it's easy to move around..in garage it's like moving a Toy around etc. etc..love the light weight bike and looks..guess I am not serious enough for Drag only I need a complete package for everything I do...the first Gen is that even today.but for drag I say no doubt the 14 is the way to go :wink: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Mine does too but

Not me :headshake I like the fact I have to fight my bike off the start and the fun it brings...maybe not ZX14 times but on the street it's easy to move around..in garage it's like moving a Toy around etc. etc..love the light weight bike and looks..guess I am not serious enough for Drag only I need a complete package for everything I do...the first Gen is that even today.but for drag I say no doubt the 14 is the way to go :wink: :thumbsup:
Don't get me wrong I really loved the 10R. I feel that I've out grown it, the best I've run on the 10R with basically the same mods was [email protected] mph. And at the time I was 160 lbs. Plus I don't ride the street much anymore.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Don't get me wrong I really loved the 10R. I feel that I've out grown it, the best I've run on the 10R with basically the same mods was [email protected] mph. And at the time I was 160 lbs. Plus I don't ride the street much anymore.
You have out grown it bud...your an awesome rider good step up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a bracket racer. Don't get me wrong I love the 10. But for me its all about running the same number everytime. And with the 10 if I don't do everything right the bike bogs. Making just 1 pass on the 14 I could tell it is a much for forgiving bike. The bike has so much torque it can compensate for some of the human error.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I'm a bracket racer. Don't get me wrong I love the 10. But for me its all about running the same number everytime. And with the 10 if I don't do everything right the bike bogs. Making just 1 pass on the 14 I could tell it is a much for forgiving bike. The bike has so much torque it can compensate for some of the human error.

with that said...quikgix was at the same event I was when I made the semi finals in Pro-ET and came to me before the start of my last run...he said way to represent KAWI...the only 3 bikes left in pro-et had wheelie bars...I was running 54in SWB stock... and the last bike from show room floor almost...point being it's possible to run consistent #s stock on even a wheelie monster like the 1st Gen and have some fun but not something I would count on most times...was there all day and it's rare..ZX14 is the best bet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
I came from a 14 to my 10,I will never go back to the 14. I have my reasons even tho the 14 is a nice bike

·
Registered
318 Posts
Weight!!!!! Thats the big thing,about the same h.p,and you can make the torque up with gearing.My best 14 pass was a 9.41 at 145 with full brocks,p.c, no flies and -1 front,stretched 6 inch.,MY 10 on motor is running 9.20's at 150.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Weight!!!!! Thats the big thing,about the same h.p,and you can make the torque up with gearing.My best 14 pass was a 9.41 at 145 with full brocks,p.c, no flies and -1 front,stretched 6 inch.,MY 10 on motor is running 9.20's at 150.
I was running 9.20'[email protected] on my 05 10R and switched to a zx-14 and have run [email protected] with similar mods and im about 200lbs suited...:dontknow: The 14's mods brocks pipe,brocks track map,flies out,MR9,16-46, 63", lowered strapped, mickey shootout

Attachments

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
You said you want to get a 14 because is easier too ride... where is the fun on that? haha
If you only car about times, then sure get a stretched 14, but i like the 10 and with SWB its FUN to ride, keeps you in the edge.

Anyway, the time you got in the 14 is already better than what i can get in my 10.

·
Registered
318 Posts
For sure,all motor 8.90's on a 14 is hauling ass,especially at that mph,you would be dumb not to get that bike,(THAT BIKE) cuz I dont see many other ones doing that

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The 14 I rode went a 9.59 and I took off so soft with 5 or so more passes I know I could have gone 9.15s or .20s it was so much easier to launch.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And it was 100 degrees outside and humid as all hell. The best I can get out of my 10 is 9.50 at 144

1 - 19 of 19 Posts