Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to DMP Dragway today cause I didn't have anything else to do :rolleyes: , but anyways I didn't take my bike just rode a few of my friends bikes. :helmet: I was able to go 6.05 at 118 on the 12R, I broke my own record on the bike of a 6.19 which I ran a few months back. :mrgreen: My buddy was excited!!!

One of my other buddies was there with his 10R, stretched, Full Yoshi Exhaust, pump gas and 15/39 gearing. The fastest it had been before now was 6.24. First pass on the bike I left at 7500 and went 6.10 at 119. Let the clutch cool a little and went 6.07 at 118, then a 6.06, the next pass I left at 8500 and went 6.00 at 120:eyecrazy: Cooled clutches and left at 9000, but sputtered the limiter going into 2nd and went 6.01 at 117. Last pass of the evening my buddies wanted to see a 5.9? pass, so I stepped my game up and the launching rpm's to 9500. I launched good and hit my shift points and tucked tight and clicked off a 5.98 at 118. :thumbsup: I was happy and wondered what my bike would run stretched:idea: , nah my bike will stay stock wheelbase!!! :wink:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doing the damn thing on my buddies 12R.................:helmet:

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thats showing them...looks like you need a heavier helmet to keep the front end down on that 12 :lol:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Very nice.....I know my bike will run 5.9's. I just need to get back to the track. i have been close twice, but missed a shift point or missed a gear both times.

Why not stretch yours? You seem to like drag racing it. Extensions are easy enough to put on and take off. If you run a 530 conversion there is no problem with having two links in the chain so you can adjust it back down to stock length when you run stock wheelbase.

·
Registered
99 Posts
nice pic on 12. it looks like it has adjustable arm. bike must have some power to wheelie or its not that long. my buddies 12 was like 5 inches over and i couldnt get it to lift from wheel at all.. but all it had was slip on.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Alot of people dont stretch their bike for many reasons. 1. They want to be able to hit the corners afterwards 2. everyone has extenders 3. Possibility of tire spin 4 to be different? That 12R picture is pretty awesome even though your time went to shit after that, lol.

·
Registered
585 Posts
20incher said:
Alot of people dont stretch their bike for many reasons. 1. They want to be able to hit the corners afterwards 2. everyone has extenders 3. Possibility of tire spin 4 to be different? That 12R picture is pretty awesome even though your time went to shit after that, lol.
You mean they want to hit the corners on the way home from the track? I never ride my bike to the track because if it breaks when it's out there how am I getting home?? The tire spin is just rediculous....you need a good tire or your not going to 60' well at all. The only good reason is if your racing in a certain length class....That's the only reason I can see spending as much time at the track as some people do and not stretching there bike.

My extensions are coming off in a week or so, so I can ride this winter. We have lots of warm days down here.

·
Registered
97 Posts
"afterwards" as in a broad term rather than 5 minutes off the strip...smartass. But yes i trailor my 6r to the strip too because i dont really care to walk me and my bike 30 miles home...you could also use a wheelie bar...different people different methods...all good.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Great riding RR! Looks like the 12 got the best of ya. Can you say torque?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1killer1liter said:
Great riding RR! Looks like the 12 got the best of ya. Can you say torque?
Thanks. My buddy wanted me to make a few nitrous passes and his progressive wasn't working right, so I had to ride the bitch.:helmet: I didn't list I ran nitrous cause all the passes were in the air.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts