Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK it's underpowered, and funny looking, but the seating position is perfect, and with a better exhaust it would sound great too, with about 40 more horsepower that would be a fantastic bike. For now I'll stick with the 10. The guy we sold it to really likes it though, he owns a couple bikes already but nothing sporty so it will be a great bike for him:)

SG

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
litrejunkie said:
I always kind of thought a Buell would be loads of fun.
They're definitely loads of something. If your idea of cornering is riding around cones in a parking lot, then they're great bikes and you can "own the corners" like buell says in its ads. But if the curves are faster than 1st or 2nd gear, then I'd pick just about any sporty japanese bike over a buell.

And then there's the majority of buell riders who believe the bullsh*t that the commercials and dealerships feed them about how their bike is competitive with japanese sportbikes and besides top speed they can run with or beat them. :headshake

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Why Buell hasn't gotten their hands on the VR1K engine is beyond me. If they want to be taken seriously in the sportbike market then they need that engine. Granted it is out of date compare to Aprilias and Duc's, but it's lightyears ahead of the sportster engine, and if done right I would even consider owning one.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Japan owns the sportbike market. Price to performance can't be beat.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I wonder if KTM would ever consider going with production sportbikes? I've seen a GP series (2 stroke?) KTM in the magazine before. German engineering. KTM makes great dirtbikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts