Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to say, I'm very, very impressed. A friend let me ride his m0 1000, and the short of it is I'm getting one for myself. Here is a short review/comparison to my gen4 and 1299:

It is definitely a better bike than a gen4 zx10r. Felt lighter and easier to ride overall. Passenger comfort was on par with the zx, which is important for me.

Ergos for me are better on the Suzuki. It feels like a smaller bike than the zx. Definitely thinner at the seat/tank junction. I like the clip on reach and position. The pegs are ok, I wouldn't mind them being maybe 5mm-10mm higher, but I can live with where they are now.

The quick shifter and blipper are easily as good, if not better than my 1299.

Power felt just a little soft compared to my zx. The bike I rode has a full system, but not flashed or tuned. Also on stock gearing. You could feel the very solid low and midrange. I was just riding casually, so didn't really wring it out. When I get mine, I'm going full system, Mooremafia flash, and -1/+1 on the gearing. That would easily make it on par with a gen4 zx. I'm sure the gen5 will beat it at peak hp, but I usually ride around 6-10k rpm, and the gsxr will have an advantage there.

Brakes are pretty good. Better than the 1299 by far. Not in the same league as my upgraded gen4 setup. I would probably start with removing the abs and getting the non-abs steel lines.

·
Registered
745 Posts
What does your upgraded Gen4 brake set up consist of?

·
Registered
331 Posts
been helping a friend with his 2017 gsxr 1000. im a zx10 man but love this thing. brocks full system, sprint air filter, -1+2 gear, quick throttle, full throttle position dyno tune. pulls like a freight train everywhere, very smooth and capable. gen 6 holds a hp advantage up top, but on the street ur playing catch up against the torque curve of the zuk.

·
Registered
767 Posts
been helping a friend with his 2017 gsxr 1000. im a zx10 man but love this thing. brocks full system, sprint air filter, -1+2 gear, quick throttle, full throttle position dyno tune. pulls like a freight train everywhere, very smooth and capable. gen 6 holds a hp advantage up top, but on the street ur playing catch up against the torque curve of the zuk.
Well said, by someone who knows and sees it everyday. I see this at my track days.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I like the latest gen of the GSXR but cannot wait to see the new upcoming one.. Hoping for better headlights design and little more beefy looking.. The thing is so narrow looking in person.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Non-abs
Brembo 19rcs
Braided lines
Nissin monoblocks from a zx6r
Vesrah srjl17 pads
Gen5 330mm rotors
Did you ever have the combination above minus the Brembo MC? I'd love to hear any opinions on the difference between the Brembo vs. the OEM Nissin radial MC.

And I might get flamed for saying this, but I think the GSXR is a much better looking bike than the ZX10r so that's got to be a factor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you ever have the combination above minus the Brembo MC? I'd love to hear any opinions on the difference between the Brembo vs. the OEM Nissin radial MC.

And I might get flamed for saying this, but I think the GSXR is a much better looking bike than the ZX10r so that's got to a factor.
No, I got the Brembo along with the calipers, pads, and lines.

On another note, after more consideration, I decided to keep the zx10r. While the gsxr may be a little nicer, I just don't think there's enough of a difference to justify the purchase. I still would have to sort out the brakes, and get an exhaust and tune to be on par with my zx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts