Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about getting a Robinson low ratio first gear (2.66). Anybody else running this on their roll racing bike? If so how do you like it compared to OEM?

·
Registered
2015 Gen4
206 Posts
thinking about getting a Robinson low ratio first gear (2.66). Anybody else running this on their roll racing bike? If so how do you like it compared to OEM?
Yes, fitted to my Gen4. Just the smoothness in normal take off is notable.. Best thing I ever did...
I did this. with a clutch mod from Brocks.. What I should have done was do clutch, 1stGear and WorldWideBearings, undercut at the same time.

But the gear ratio to me is absolutely perfect

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, fitted to my Gen4. Just the smoothness in normal take off is notable.. Best thing I ever did...
I did this. with a clutch mod from Brocks.. What I should have done was do clutch, 1stGear and WorldWideBearings, undercut at the same time.

But the gear ratio to me is absolutely perfect
I’ve got some ceramic trans bearings on the way and ceramic wheel bearings on the way also so hopefully these combined with the first gear will make a big difference. I have a brocks clutch mod in the package also I’m waiting for more parts to come in so I can install everything in one weekend. I’ll try to report back with actual acceleration numbers between the two and post them as soon as the other parts come in for somebody who’s on the fence about these upgrades.

·
Registered
2015 Gen4
206 Posts
Wheel bearings indeed...
This is like a never ending story ;), remember to buy new gaskets for the covers..

all in all made a big difference to me .. Im 7mph faster over half mile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts