Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have no idea where Saskatoon, Saskatchewan is you may have to google it.

Me and some buddies are traveling from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada to Laguna Seca in July for the Race. Our plan is to go from Saskatoon to Vancouver, meet up with some people then head down along the coast to Laguna Seca. After the race it is over we then head to Vegas for 2 nights then to the grande Canyon. After that no idea.

What i need is help planning our route back. we are going pretty much straight up. Looking for a route that will give us the best riding and views. Any help would be appreciated.

P.s. this is all going to happen on my zx10.

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ordered some pilot power 2cts for the front and back for the trip. Diablo stradas better for this trip you think?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I just ordered some pilot power 2cts for the front and back for the trip. Diablo stradas better for this trip you think?
By the time you get to Laguna your 2ct will look like squared-off Shinkos. Trust me, I was there last year and it was HOT! That's an expensive tire to be wasting on miles and miles of straight aways.

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
By the time you get to Laguna your 2ct will look like squared-off Shinkos. Trust me, I was there last year and it was HOT! That's an expensive tire to be wasting on miles and miles of straight aways.
He's right I just took a round trip to bike week in myrlte beach and lets just say that the rear tire is shot from a 1400 mile trip.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i will have a good selection of tires then. Thanks for the heads up on that. I will get to ordering the Diablos right away.

Any route tips or places to stay awayfrom.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
for sure hit up HWY 1 as far north as you can. i believe it goes all the way to washington, but i could be wrong. HWY1 from coos bay, all the way south to monterey is some of the most scenic roads you will ever ride on. north of eureka is the most lush forests you will see on yout trip, and HUGE redwoods to boot. watch out for the elk though, they really mess up a 10R, not to mention the jockey. from monterey to vegas, i would keep heading south on hwy1 till you get to hwy 58, which will take you east and drop you onto I5 near buttonwillow. hwy 58 is Road and Track magazine's favorite back-road romp, commonly refered to as "cali's mille migllia" (sp). its a BAD ASS road, unfortunelty i've only driven it in my toyota tacoma, but i still had fun. where it drops you out might be boring, but it would be worth it, imo. you could check google for a nice route to vegas from buttonwillow. good luck bro, need any more info, hit me up. i know lots of good camping spots between coos bay, or, and san fran, so let me know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the diablo stradas on order. So i hope i will not be changeing tires hlaf way through the trip.

We plan to do the hotel thing. I am going to be weighed down as it is. Any other things i should be thinking about. Any tools needed other than the one on the bike?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Pegs, shifter and brake pedals and levers. If you slide out these are typically the first to go. Frame sliders will prevent some damage. The shifter is the most critical.

The standard 4mm and 5mm allen for fairings and the wrenches for adjusting your chain. Some long zip ties and electrical tape. A leatherman usually will handle any other emergency needs. A couple spare fuses loaded up in the fuse box. (Italian bike riders may be asking you for these). So you'll also need a socket to take your front seat off.

Or just a cold can of RedBull...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts