Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Shinko slicks , I went with the same front tire size but couldnt do the same rear size ( 190 60 17 ) I went with the 180 55 17 other option would have been a 190 50 17 .

Question : Did I screw my setup with the thinner tire , Should I have run the shorter side wall wider tire .
Which size tire would be a better fit ? :dontknow:

Not too late yet I can still order the correct size

·
Registered
475 Posts
Don't buy shinko tires period. You need a 190 rear tire. Bridgestone Pro's are going for $315 a set now...way better than those tires.

·
Registered
669 Posts
your bike will feel real funny but not in a good way...

it will probably:

wont be able to finish the turn correctly
shread the front tire up
be a pain in the ... to stear
plow into the turn
etc...

there's great % difference in ride height between a 190 60 and a 180 55 and you'll trow your geometry way off....

and the 190 50 is even worse

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys
So tires are crap and wont work for me :thumbsup:

P 51 Jockey Where can I find Bridgestone sets and I m guessing they have a 190 60 17 size slick ?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks guys
So tires are crap and wont work for me :thumbsup:

P 51 Jockey Where can I find Bridgestone sets and I m guessing they have a 190 60 17 size slick ?
The southwest distributor can ship to you. Call 866 cyclemall.

Or maybe Sportbike Performance Center can help you. 602-569-3070

The 003 dot's would be better as they have been updated recently and the slicks have not. The 190 dot doesn't call out the profile, but the slick is a 190/65.

You will probably crash on Shinkos...seriously.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just a thought. All these guys who say you'll crash on Shinkos, have any of them ever even ridden on them? Just curious.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a thought. All these guys who say you'll crash on Shinkos, have any of them ever even ridden on them? Just curious.
He did say Probably crash , I dont know I hear the same thing from everyone .

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Anyone get the new pirelli slicks yet? no tire warmer required?
Wanting to give these a shot for trackdays and the fact the heat cycles dont effect them has me sold!

·
Registered
172 Posts
That would be the Pirelli Pro slick your talking about. I have used that tire on several occasions and for a track day tire it works great. It lasts a long time as well. I was getting about 3 track days with a rear and about 5 track days out of the front. You don't have to use tire warmers at all and the warm up time is real quick. after 1 lap, you are ready to roll. I did eventually buy a set of warmers and that helps with the tire life and grip level over time considerably. I would consider this tire to be an entry-level endurance race tire equilivant. If your just hitting track days, this tire is for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts